Day 10

Y'all should love me with all these updates. jk, I love y'all!!

--

Ballsap

--

It was my first time waking up alone. No one around, no cat or family or... or Karl. I looked up from my sandwich, it was dryer than I remember. Everything was drying, water, the sunset, stars. Everything seemed to go back to boring colors, the greens looking sadder. Karl always made my life multicolored. 

I sighed setting the half-eaten sandwich on the paper plate. I pull out my phone pressing to restart my playlist. I had made a playlist for Karl and added him to it last night before he left. The title 'To Karl'  Seemed fitting. 

The music's rhythmic tune played through my ears. The sound somehow seemed quiet almost like a whisper. A whisper of something we could be if he came home. I picked up my sandwich again, taking another few bites. My stomach felt full, full of guilt and sadness. I eventually gave in and threw the plate into the fire and the sandwich into the woods. 

I looked around the empty campsite. It felt wrong, wrong to enjoy a moment without him. I don't know if I could. I walked slowly over towards the water, I knelt splashing my face with the cold water. The water rolled off my cheek, landing in the stubble I had yet to shave off. Karl seemed to like the rough hair. His thumb always rubbing on it. He'd nuzzle his cheek into mine, giggling slightly as it tickled his face. 

Lexi seemed nervous, all the time. I wasn't too happy about her leaving either. I had just gotten my sister back and I had to let her go again. In September I didn't even know I had a sister nor did I have to worry about Karl. Simpler times, simpler times where I'd lose myself at night. Where I was yearning for someone to love. 

"There you go again Sapnap," I scoffed pushing the reflection of my face away. The water rippled distorting the image of my tear-soaked face. Every time I tried to distract myself all I could think about was him. Was Karl. His soft hair, his bubbly giggle. The crooked smile and his downset eyes. He always looked like a puppy dog, just wanting love. 

I've never truly been alone. When I was back home I'd always have my mom or dad in the other room or I'd have my cat. If I still felt alone I could always call Dream and George. They always teased me, but I knew they loved me. Even if it was really deep down. They had told me of their relationship before they even told their parents. 

I should call them. I should try to get in touch. I pull my phone out of my pocket, pulling up dreams contact. My hand hovers over the call button. I feel myself hesitate. What if Dream didn't make it, what if after all these years he didn't survive. I take a deep breath before clicking to start the call. 

'It's now or never'

--

Karl

--

The trek to wherever we were heading to was genuinely boring. My mind was consumed with thoughts of Sapnap and Sapnap only. Sometimes thought of 'My feet hurt' or 'My shoulders hurt'. I considered trying to talk to Him, But he seemed too dangerous to converse with.

When we walked up towards the mansion the first thing I noticed were the guards. Five stood by the gate, armed up and ready. The next I noticed was how big the house actually was. Pillars stood regally holding up the building's edge.  The doors swung open and out down the stairs came a man. His stature was tall and stock. 

"Lexi where were you?" His voice was low and nervous. 

"I had to help my brother," She said, her voice equally as dark. I fiddled with my hands looking around as their conversation turned dark. I took in the present view, though my vision had begun to slowly become darker as time passed everything still had a slight beauty. I felt an arm pull mine roughly. I winced slightly as I tried to keep pace with the larger man. 

I could hear Lexi calling out to me, telling me she's sorry and how everything was going to be okay. Her words struck me, but I deflected them. The darkness perked up in my brain, muttering softly for me to let him front. I pushed him away I couldn't. 

--

I woke in the same cell I had been placed in before. The air smelled damp, my vision was slimmer than yesterday. I noticed a small plate with a few scraps of food. I quickly chewed the stale bread as I thought back. I missed him. I shouldn't have left, it wasn't worth it. 

I felt myself get woozy, I looked up towards the entrance of the small single cell jail. The same man from before stood chuckling. He looked down at me is a low laugh startling me. 

"You'll be here a long ass time," His voice spoke as I felt consciousness slip away. 

"Sapn..."

--

I AM SO SORRY 

I also made the playlist hehe so here's the link ---

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3a84bStrVR0F9zgYyJ37jc?si=gYo6o9KLTo6y3cjXKawQaw

or just search- to Karl. It's by Myra. 

short chapter I know, sorry.