Day 4

Karly

"Don't panic..."

What the honk. I looked up at his deep brown eyes, I felt a little panicked and sat up.

"Honk," I winced. My head throbbed.

"Does it still hurt?" The other male's voice was soft and caring. I looked up at him meeting his gaze again. I nodded. He smiled slightly handing me a small red pill. I looked up at him confused.

"ibuprofen."

I grabbed the pill deciding whether to take a pill given to me by a random stranger. Everything I've ever been taught was to say no, but I felt safe. I took the pill, waiting to die or something. Instead, nothing happened.

I looked at the time, it was 30 minutes past midnight. I felt myself start to worry as I remember the events of yesterday. The guy put his hand on my back, for some reason it soothed me.

"So I guess I need to introduce myself. Hi! I'm Nick, I'm from Texas. My family and I went to my Grandmas's house to stay safe, but some stuff happened and they basically kicked me out. Something about my safety or whatever. I found you passed out on the side of the road and decided to help you," he put his hand out for me to shake. I carefully lift a hand receiving the hand. "Who are you, multicolored boy?"

I laughed slightly. "I'm Karl. I'm from well, here. I don't have a family anymore I had to leave home and I wound up on the side of the road."

I heaved a heavy sigh. Looking out the window into the semi-lit parking lot. I didn't feel like running, I didn't feel unsafe. I don't really know what I felt.

"I'm sorry. I guess I probably don't have a family either," I looked over at him, He had a small polaroid in his hand. His gaze met mine, his brown eyes sparkling. "This may be forward but will you come with me? It's okay if you don't want to."

He looked down, looking slightly shy. I took a moment to examine his features. He had a beautiful face. He had perfect eyebrows without even trying. He had some stubble on his face, but it worked. His brown hair looked so soft and smooth. He looked over to me, biting the inside of his cheek.

"I'd love that Nick," I smiled. His fave brushed a light pink as he smiled. His smile was so happy. He looked so happy.

"Yay!" His head snapped to look next to me. He rolled his eyes pulling out a gun. He rolled my window down, shooting. I had been pressed back into my seat, I jumped at the sound. I heard a screech then a thud. I looked out the window noticing a lurker, now dead, outside the truck. I mouthed a thank you to Nick as he closed the window.

"Hey since we will be spending the better part of a month together call me Sapnap or well Sap," He told me. I knitted my eyebrows together wondering where he got Sapnap out of Nick.

"Where the hell did Sapnap come from," I chuckled slightly.

"Well I liked Pandas but someone had that nickname already so I just spelled it backward which became Sadnap, but to be honest I didn't want to be sad so I just flipped the d into a p..." he shrugged.

"Alright sappy," I teased. He stayed silent, giving me a mischievous look. Laughing slightly. His laugh made me smile, it was so contagious. I looked over at him again. He was just so...

He looked over at me with a cocky look. "Like what you see Jacobs?"

I rolled my eyes but got instant whiplash. How did he know my last name? He seemed to read my mind, pointing back at my bag. My dad left his name tag still attached. I smiled nodding.

Simpnap's POV

We talked for the rest of the night about little things. We laughed and teased each other. We were already close and we just met. I felt myself staring at him, he looked so ethereal. I don't know how someone like him could exist let alone talk to me.

My mind would wander when he was telling a story about his childhood. I don't necessarily remember what my mind would think, but they were all like how the fuck is he so perfect. I mean I did think about how soft his lips were. They looked so soft and inviting. I shook the thoughts away laughing.

"Who is that?" He asked politely. I followed his gaze to the polaroid.

"Apparently my sister... I didn't get to meet her. Hell, I didn't know I had a sister till yesterday. I don't even know her name... they said she passed," I felt my voice quiver.

"I'm sorry Nick," he smiled up at me. His eyes were tired. It was expected. I was tired as well. I smiled a sad smile. The sun began to rise slowly.

"Can we sleep?" He asked. I laughed he sounded like a puppy.

"You can,"

"You need to as well!" He laughed.

"Someone needs to make sure that you don't almost get killed again," I teased.

He huffed, unbuckling. He still had my sweatshirt, but now it was on his body. He looked cute... goddamnit.  He laid out his bag and moved stuff around. Making what looks like a very comfortable bed.

He laid down, his head behind my seat. Somehow he looked so perfect when he slept. So sweet. I knew at some point we'd need to find a place to stop and stay, but decided it wasn't going to be a Bakery parking lot in the town his entire family died in.

I made sure he was fast asleep before driving away. I stopped at a gas station, gas prices had dropped a ton since 1/20 of the population was dead and everyone else decided to hide.

Being in a car was risky. If you run out of gas you're probably going to die. You needed a bunch of money gas and you need to have brought food. Which was my only issue, I was starving.

I filled the truck up with gas before continuing to drive. Karl woke up after 5 hours, climbing into the passenger seat. His messed up hair made me blush slightly. I pray that he didn't notice.

"Sleep well?" I asked chuckling slightly. I didn't know where I was, specifically because I had just take random exits.

"You have a good voice," his sleepy voice caught me by surprise. I blushed at the compliment.

"You heard?" I nervously chuckled.

"Yea, it was soothing..."

I smiled to myself. I hated how he could easily get to me. I yawned, looking at the time. It was about 1 pm.

"Food?" Karl asks. I smile looking over at him he hands me an MRE. Honestly, normally I'd deny food, but I was just so hungry. I took the open MRE and began to dig in.

"This sucks," I laughed as I continued to eat. I expected it to taste bad and my expectations were met.

"You need sleep because if you kill me I'm gonna be mad," Karl said now fully awake.

I shook my head. Looking back at the road. He put his hand on my hand. I paused needing a moment to catch my breath.

"Pullover. Get in the back and sleep."

"Fine."

I pulled over, climbing in the back. Karl said he's just driving around till I woke up. I got comfortable on the bag, letting my mind wander.

When you develop a crush on a guy you just met. What is this honking frozen!!

I mean like let's look at the facts-

He's cute
Caring
Sweet
Literally attractive inside and out.

Gosh darn it

This happened with George and Dream, but they are perfect together. 

That could never happen to me. I have never thought anyone could like me.  I finally found a guy I like and I know for a fact he doesn't like me back.

My mind finally went dark and fell asleep.

-
-
STUPID SAPNAP...

Lowkey simpnap