Day 0

Karl
-

it's back to day 0 again.

every year for a month the government releases a swarm of zombies. It sounds like something straight out of a book and to be honest it feels like it. I'm pretty sure they enjoy watching us get our loved ones stripped from us. They claim it's population control. Like some sort of purge.

It's always the same month and the same day. October 1st. at exactly 1 pm. The zombie bites and infect the host. If not given an antidote in 24 hrs they will succumb. Only a handful of people have the antidote and they are very greedy and selfish. After a week is over the government sprays some type of gas over the land which kills and instantly decays the zombies. Then they release another batch. This continues till the month is officially over

If this were in a movie or a book you'd think that would be really cool, but in all honesty, it is the scariest thing. Watching the people you love get stripped away and made into earth. Even them turning from the most loving beings into fierce bloodthirsty beasts.

"Karl dear, pay attention," I snap out of my trance. My mother is snapping in front of my face and pointing towards our television. She has the news up about what we should be expecting from the zombies this year.

"It's the same thing every single year mom. They talk about how they will bite and transor-"

"This year we have a new breed of Zombies. They have the same premise as last year, bite, transform, die on Sunday. The difference is this breed, The Lurkers, are almost completely silent to the untrained ear. They tend to blend into shadows, though they burn when they step into the sunlight."

"oh no..." My mother barely squeaks out. I just sit there, stunned. It seems pretty easy to survive at first glance, but in all honesty, it's the complete opposite. at night the Lurkers will be searching for blood and right before dawn, they will seek shelter. They will do anything so they don't burn...

Meaning our houses are dangerous places to be in. because it's not the light that hurts them more as the radiation from the sun. So, they'd be safe in a bright house. We're screwed.

"This year Texas will be hosting," Whichever state is hosting is the state that had the biggest population after the last outbreak, the government sets up a home base and drops the zombies from there. "You have 24 hours before they will be released. May the odds ever be in your favor."

(Hehe hunger games)

The television turns black, I make eye contact with my reflection. No one in the house dares to move. we live in northern North Carolina so we have about two days after they are released before anything happens within the state.

I feel a breeze pass my shoulder and look to see my mother beginning to board up the windows. She refuses to leave this house. Dad bought us this house about 10 years ago. He was taken from us about two years ago. Along with my sister.

Mom holds onto any memory of them that she can. As do I. I have a small Teddy bear stuffed animal that Sam gave me when she was three. My dad gave me a small knife and some wood carvings. They all have special little compartments for prized things like rings or notes. I usually just left the letters he would write me when he was away on a tour.

He served in Afghanistan during the war. He sacrificed his life for my mother and me I. Sam had died the year prior while Dad was away on tour. He had promised to protect us to the end and indeed he did.

I decided I should probably be helpful so I headed into the basement to get the supplies. We save up all year to collect materials such as water, food, and weapons. It wasn't completely useless trying to fight off the zombies. If they die again then they are actually dead for good, but killing them without having them touch you is extremely difficult. Especially since dad passed before he could teach us how to shoot a gun.

-------

Sapnap

--

I stood in my room, it felt dark. My family had decided we needed to head north. Texas has never been the host before. Specifically, because the people are absolutely insane and try to tempt the awful creatures. I've also never had to travel away from home.

I grabbed a duffel bag and shoved a bunch of sweatshirts and sweats inside. I tried to keep the materials on a need basis. I shoved a few pairs of socks and undergarments inside when my hand passed over a small box.

I laughed opening the small container. It was small rolled-up notes, they said pretty stupid stuff. Stuff no one else would understand unless they were there or heard the story. Basically, stuff to remind me why I was here on the days I didn't feel the best. I pulled out a small crumpled piece and slowly opened it. The words were slightly hard to read through all the creases in the paper, but the moment I saw "Reconsider" I knew what it was.

My friends George, Dream, and I had been playing Minecraft when I asked to fall asleep on call. They all said no and talked about how lonely I had been recently. I was asking what they meant by no, clearly just wanting to sleep on call. We then got into a brief conversation about consent, which we all determined was the most important part of a good relationship.

I asked them if they could please reconsider my offer right after we finished the consent discussion. Everyone erupted in laughter and my buddy dream whipped out a funny accent.

"Would you have sex with me... No... pLeaseee Reconsiderrrr," I swear we laughed for a solid ten minutes. I smiled at the memory before placing the paper back in the box. I considered just leaving the box, but without my memories, I had nothing to go on for. I'd never had a first kiss, let alone a first love. I guess maybe I was saving myself for the right person or maybe I just didn't want to face the pain of the breakup.

"Nick... Hurry up," My dad's voice was worried. We all were. It was a new breed... and we only had 24 hours to get out of here. not to mention the roads will be slammed, with people wanting a last-ditch effort to survive. The gas prices will increase exponentially and stores will be empty. Not to mention that hospitals will close down basically.

I finish packing stuff up, standing in my room one last time. I just hope I can come back... alive...

—-
AYE POGCHAMP FIRST CHAPTER AMIRITE

SO HOW ARE YA MATES... YEA READY FOR THIS... YA FRIGGIN READY