Twelve

Wooyoung was honestly not expecting when his back slammed painfully against the locker behind him. His spine was immediately in agony, and he knew from experience that his assailant was most definitely not human.

So he was rather defenceless.

"People like you don't belong in this town." The one who pushed him, a vampire with longish pink hair and angry red eyes, snarled. "Violent and selfish. You're probably only here to ruin everything for us."

"No, you have it all wrong. I moved here to start a new, peaceful life. I don't wanna hurt anyone." Wooyoung held up his hands in surrender. The other two, one with vibrant blue hair and another with black hair, were also considerably pissed off.

Hence his back slammed into the locker again. And a pair of hands fastened to his collar.

"Bullshit. Do you know Park Chanyeol?" Wooyoung felt the blood drain from his face as the vampire snarled. His father had, only days before, killed a vampire by the name of Park Chanyeol.

"Look my father is on his own right now. I had nothing to do-" Wooyoung was quickly silenced when he was slammed against the lockers again. But this time, unfortunately, he smacked his head against the metal.

Hard.

He already was beginning to feel dizzy.

"You're monsters, every one of you. He was our friend." The vampire was finally growing less angry. Yet all it was replaced with is grief.

"W-what're your names?" Wooyoung ventured, trying to lessen the tension in the air. He had a few classes with these people, and didn't want to hurt them in the slightest. If anything they seemed like good people.

"Why would you wanna know? So you can hunt down our families too?" The blue haired one snapped. Which, in turn, resulted in pinky gripping his collar tighter and getting ready to throw him against the locker again.

This was hopeless.

Wooyoung once again held his hands up. "Nothing like that. I just want to know exactly who I'm apologizing to." Wooyoung offered a weak smile once he'd finished speaking.

Pinky seemed to soften.

"I'm Yeonjun. And this is my boyfriend Soobin and my best friend Beomgyu." Pinky, Yeonjun, finally answered. Wooyoung felt a sense of relief wash over him.

"Well, Yeonjun, I'm so incredibly sorry for what my father did. I could never repay the life of your friend, but let me try make it up to you." Wooyoung felt his nerves skyrocket when Yeonjun smirked at him.

"If you want to make it up to me," Yeonjun leaned closer to Wooyoung ear, continuing in a soft whisper, "then suffer."

Yeonjun's fist connected harshly with Wooyoung's stomach.

And he simply took it.

He deserved it.

He was the son of the man who killed their friend. And he'd killed vampires before. So this was the least he could do to pay back the lives lost.

Soobin and Beomgyu stood back and watched as Yeonjun continued to punch and kick Wooyoung. And damn was this going to hurt later. He wouldn't even be surprised if he broke a bone at this point.

Then the air grew thick with electricity.

And Wooyoung watched as Yeonjun's hair began to float.

As though they were underwater, the magic swirling through the air pressed against their skin and lifted their hair in tendrils about their heads.

Without even looking up Wooyoung knew who was controlling the magic in the air.

"Yeonjun let me go." Wooyoung frantically looked at Yeonjun. "Please! I don't want you to get hurt."

The second Yeonjun's grip slipped away from his collar Wooyoung shakily stood.

San stared at the scene before him with what could only be described as the purest form of rage.

With every step San took towards them cracks formed in the tile floors.

With every breath San took the air grew more charged and magically hostile.

Wooyoung ran over to San, throwing his arms around him and using all his strength to hold San in place. Which should never have worked, considering how strong San seemed to be from this encounter alone.

San tried to take another step towards the three other vampires.

"Stop!"

Wooyoung sounded desperate, even in his own perception.

But San froze.

"Why should I? They hurt you Wooyoung! Why should I let them get away with it! I should make them all feel at least twice as much pain as what you feel right now!" San's eyes glowed with genuine wrath. Literally glowed. Bright crimson and oddly beautiful. And his skin felt deathly cold, like he was frozen for centuries.

Wooyoung had no doubt he would have genuinely followed through with the threat.

"Don't. San please don't. I'm ok, I promise." Wooyoung turned to the trio behind him, mouthing to run...

They didn't have to be told twice.

Wooyoung sank to his knees, releasing a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Why?" San was by Wooyoung's side in an instant, worry sweeping away all of his anger from moments before. He hugged Wooyoung's close to his chest, healing his body quietly and allowing his hold over the magic around them to fall away.

"Why what?" Wooyoung was glad when the pain went away entirely.

"Why did you let them hurt you like that, love?"

"Because I deserve it." Wooyoung sighed in defeat. "My dad killed their friend. I wonder how many friends the vampires I killed had friends..." There was a pause as San stared at Wooyoung for a moment.

San kissed Wooyoung's forehead.

"You deserve nothing but love, Wooyoung. You are not responsible for your father's actions and I refuse to let you hurt yourself because of it. As you said, you only killed vampires that hurt people. You aren't a bad person. You're the best person I know." San then stared Wooyoung in the eyes for a moment.

Before melding their lips together.

Wooyoung never did get used to how amazing it felt to be kissed by San. As though his whole body was alright with starlight and his heart was pumped with adrenaline.

"You mean it?" Wooyoung asked as San pulled away from the kiss, eyes slightly glossy and absolutely beautiful.

"Always."

"We've got class. And I've got bad news." Wooyoung stood up, extending a hand to San.

"Wait what'd you mean bad news?" San's whole face shifted from lovestruck to downright anxious.

"You can't come over. For the next few days, at least." Wooyoung almost giggled at the way San began to pout at him as cutely as possible.

San grabbed Wooyoung's cheeks, squishing them. "Why?" He whined.

But Wooyoung just assured him it was fine.

He knew telling San about the reason for this temporary ban from his home was a less than intelligent idea.

Because his lovable yet nieve boyfriend would not understand the threat involved for him from one of Wooyoung's family reunions...