Twenty Four

Wooyoung quickly told the story of what had happened when Yunho and Mingi arrived, bringing a sleepy looking Jongho.

"So you're getting married tomorrow night? Who's going then?" Yunho asked from his haphazardly awkward position on the couch. Mingi still couldn't completely confirm everyone's safety around Yunho just yet, so he'd quickly came up with a solution.

Cocoon Yunho in about a ruler's width of bubble wrap.

"Yeah, I've messaged Chris about the change of plans, and my parents too. And San's parents were already on their way back home anyway. So everyone we really want will be here. And Jackson has already prepared the reception in the ballroom, so it's all good. It's only a few days before the plan, so it'll be fine." Wooyoung shrugged. He didn't really need a huge wedding, all he needed was the people he loved. And San, of course.

"Seonghwa says 'I guess my best man speech is out the window'. Hey, don't think like that." Yeosang sat down beside Seonghwa carefully, hesitating before slowly wrapping his arms around Seonghwa's shoulders.

"It's a vampire thing." San whispered to Wooyoung. "When you turn someone you develop a sort of protective bond with them. Like when I first turned Mingi I carefully monitored who came to the house to make sure no one hurt him. And Mingi is doing the same sort of thing with Yunho... even more than usual. Yeosang is now super protective over Seonghwa."

Seonghwa almost went to speak again, before taking out his phone and sending a message to the group chat.

Can y'all stay here tonight?

I want some TLC whores

Hongjoong rolled his eyes. "Of course, and if it's alright with Mr.Protective over here I feel like a cuddle pile is in order." Yeosang frowned slightly at the nickname, yet saw the look of excitement on Seonghwa's face and relented.

And that's how they all ended up on the floor, splayed out over a few mattresses and pillows, though most of the pillows were dedicated to propping up Yunho's head comfortably, tangled in a sea of limbs watching The Princess Bride. Wooyoung himself had his head rested against Yunho's bubblewrap-clad body, San's head on his stomach, Seonghwa snuggled against his left side using his arm as a pillow and Hongjoong's whole body on his legs. He couldn't for the life of him understand how Hongjoong was comfortable in that position. But Hongjoong was weird, so he decided not to question it too much.

It was a slightly comfortable mess.

"Why is this so damn cute though." Yunho gushed as Westley held Buttercup. Many people claim this is the best film of all time, and Wooyoung couldn't help but agree.

"I don't know man, it just is." Hongjoong said.

"Seonghwa says 'That's because it's true love you...' I'm not gonna finish that." Yeosang gave Seonghwa a pointed look, causing the other to let out a strange little snort they all assumed was a laugh.

"Damn we've all come super far haven't we?" Jongho said out of the blue. "I mean Wooyoung and San found each other after like a hundred years and fell in love again. Mingi broke out of prison where he met Yunho and proposed like immediately. And y'all actually got married too. I successfully escaped the prying eyes of the cult who think I'm a deity of strength. Seonghwa annoyed Yeosang into caring about him, got hurt and lost his voice, and is now a vamp. Oh and Hongjoong you're actually having a sleepover with a bunch of vampires in the home of a vampire. I mean life really is strange." It took Wooyoung a moment to process what Jongho had said.

"Hold on, what did you just say?" He asked.

"That life is strange?"

"No before that."

"Seonghwa's annoying?"

"Not quite..."

"Oh, the cult."

Wooyoung sighed, lifting his head to give Jongho an exasperated look. "Yeah that."

"I got in trouble with this cult a while back when they noticed how strong I was." Everyone was now staring at Jongho. "I was making money on the street arm-wrestling whoever paid like ten bucks because I needed to help my family out. Then they I guess scouted me and thought I was a deity so I had to run away with my family. But then they realised my my monetary status and my struggling family and offered us housing if I became their god. So I agreed but then they were assholes so I ran off with my family again. We moved here to get away from them and that's it I guess."

Seonghwa mouthed a very earnest 'what the fuck'.

"That's quite the backstory you got there, kiddo." Hongjoong ruffled Jongho's hair affectionately, in a parental way that made Wooyoung roll his eyes. Hongjoong's claimed another child.

Jongho shrugged. "Meh, it is what it is. My family is with me and safe, my life is on track and I have amazing friends." That adorable little gummy smile overcame Jongho's features as he pressed his body further into the pile of people lovingly. "You're all pretty cool , ya know."

"Awwww." San awkwardly wriggled his way to Jongho, who was snuggled up to a slightly awkward Yeosang. The poor guy was sandwiched between both Jongho and Seonghwa, seemingly unsure of how to feel. But he also hadn't freaked out, so he was as fine as he could be.

He didn't even have to join the cuddle pile, though Wooyoung suspected he most likely did it for Seonghwa.

Yeosang propped his chin up on Seonghwa's chest to send Wooyoung a glare, which only made Wooyoung further believe he was right.

As the film progressed Wooyoung slowly realised how tired everyone was becoming. "Are we sleeping like this?"

Seonghwa's deepened breathing and occasional snores more than answered his question.

"I guess we are." San giggled sleepily, wrapping his arms around Wooyoung's waist carefully and fluttering his eyes closed.

"We are definitely gonna regret this in the morning." Wooyoung sighed, already having accepted his fate.