Sixteen

This chapter is in Yeosang's perspective.

Yeosang was feeling rather grumpy that morning, to say the least. He was tired, frustrated and had a now crushing headache that had almost rendered him immobile.

Not to mention he made eye contact with that absolute nightmare of a human as soon as he entered the school gates.

And everyone's minds were so loud. He almost couldn't hear himself think with all the useless information flooding his brain. Gossip, rumours, petty childish jealousy. All he wanted was to turn around and sleep, but alas he had to set a good example.

With a large tumbler of blood and a grim face Yeosang shuffled over to San and Mingi.

"Are you ok?" San asked gently, placing a hand upon Yeosang's shoulder. The clear concern wasn't a shock to Yeosang, he must have looked dreadful.

But Yeosang could only feel anger bubble below the surface of his skin. "No. I am tired, I have a headache, and people's minds just won't shut up. Oh and I have to wear shoes." Yeosang stared venomously at the sneakers he'd been forced to wear by the school's nightmarish dress code.

"You have to let go of your bitterness towards shoes." San sighed.

"No. I don't need them, they're uncomfortable, and they make my feet feel gross." Yeosang snarled, more harsh than he'd meant to be.

Immediately San grabbed the sides of Yeosang's head, a pulse of magic sent between his palms. The headache faded slightly, and the voices flowing through Yeosang's head calmed down for a moment.

But the bell rang, and San had to leave.

"I'll check what's happening when it's lunch break." San assured before he and Mingi were rushing to class, leaving Yeosang alone.

The headache was now worse than before, as though San soothing it had just made it angry.

The second Yeosang slouched into his chair he pretty much passed out for a moment.

"Young master Kang please wake up." The teacher addressed, using Yeosang's formal title. She was a vampire, so if she didn't it wouldn't have ended well if discovered.

Yeosang stared blearily at the teacher, then at the boy beside her.

That human again.

"Hello, my name's Park Seonghwa. Please welcome me into the class." He bowed happily, a mischievous glint in his dark eyes as they met Yeosang's.

Then the human was told to sit beside Yeosang.

It was in times like these that Yeosang wished to give up his immortality and simply pass away.

Seonghwa sat down excitedly, glancing t Yeosang every so often.

"So today we'll be revising chemical equations." The teacher began going through content.

Yeosang's usually pristine handwriting was a sloppy, loopy, spaghetti mess as he desperately tried to work past the feeling of his brain imploding.

"And the potassium will go..." S-Seonghwa "and then uranium..." harder Seonghwa "but now there is too much carbon in one side, so..." a-ah "which will balance the equation.

All lesson...

Seonghwa thought about Yeosang in lewd positions all lesson.

In the end Yeosang couldn't even focus, slamming his head against the desk. He couldn't think, nor could he function.