Twenty

Wooyoung sighed boredly as Hongjoong continued to measure his arms and legs.

"I sweat to God if you sigh one more time I'll stick you with this pin." Hongjoong waved the object before Wooyoung's eyes for emphasis. "I mean am I really that boring?"

"Yes. Yes you are." Wooyoung was only able to keep a straight face for a moment before he burst into a fit of giggles. "It's just that my arms hurt."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes and stepped back. "Fine, take a break. God I hope that San of yours is less impatient." Hongjoong slouched into a chair, taking a gulp of his inky black coffee.

"If there's such thing as a caffeine overdose, you're gonna have one." Wooyoung sipped his hot chocolate, glad to give his arms a break. "And who knows when San'll even arrive, so get used to my bullshit."

"Oh, I've been used to it for years, trust me." Hongjoong drawled sarcastically, double checking his measurements. "God do you remember how bossy you were? There were so many times I wanted to punch you in the face as a kid."

"What? 'Wanted to'? Hongjoong you broke my nose when we were like five." Wooyoung's fingers trailed down the bridge of his nose, remembering how grateful he was when it didn't heal badly. Hongjoong smiled fondly, taking another sip of his drink.

"Good times, good times." Silence dawned on them for a moment before Hongjoong's eyes seemed to light up with another memory. "Gosh remember when we first met Seonghwa and you introduced me as a lesbian?"

Wooyoung's pitched laugh drowned out all other noise as he almost tumbled out of his chair. "Not that I knew what lesbians were at that age, I just knew you apparently looked like one."

"And then I cried and got you in trouble."

"You always were the crybaby."

"We have some odd memories, don't we?" Hongjoong chuckled softly. "Though I do remember the one time you genuinely got angry at me."

"Oh shit yeah. I mean that got ugly." Wooyoung indicated to the somewhat claw-like scar that went down Hongjoong's arm.

Hongjoong hummed in agreement, tracing the scar with his fingertips. "Why did you get so angry anyway? All I did was call you Angel and tease you a bit."

"I guess it's because it was the anniversary of my death. And I missed San, even though I didn't realise it at the time. He also calls me Angel, and I hate when anyone but San calls me that. Oh, and I found out my birthmark that you teased me for is actually sort of like a scar, from the knife that killed me in the past." Wooyoung felt bad for the look of shock and horror that flooded over Hongjoong's features.

"Yeah that definitely explains it. You, uh, never actually told me about your past life." Hongjoong stated awkwardly, refusing to look at Wooyoung.

"Do you want me to tell you about it?" Wooyoung asked, not surprised when Hongjoong nodded slightly. "Well it all started when..."

They both chatted for about half an hour about love lives and their past.

"I mean I'm still sad and lonely." Hongjoong joked, though his eyes grew sad.

But Wooyoung was a strong believer in true love, and had no doubt Hongjoong would find his.

"Really, what about your little crush?" Hongjoong's face flared crimson as he smacked Wooyoung's arm. "Oh, I see it hasn't gone away."

A small smile overcame Hongjoong's lips. "Well your possessive boyfriend didn't help me make a good impression."

"Wooyoung!?" San burst into the room, frantically checking if he was injured.