Christmas special

This is simply a bonus chapter, so it has nothing to do with the story.

Wooyoung sat rather comfortably at his kitchen counter. He'd spent the first half of the day with his family and close family friends opening gifts and relaxing. Then from lunch onwards San, Yeosang and Mingi were coming over to spend dinner and stay the night.

Breakfast and lunch had passed by rather uneventfully. He'd gotten some small knives and weapons from Hongjoong's family. Seonghwa bought him a collection of Park Jimin merchandise.

And Yunho bought him some vampire strength durable... ah... products...

Safe to say Yunho and Wooyoung had accidentally bought each other the same sort of gift.

It was while Wooyoung sat there that San came up behind him, grabbing his reddened hand and freaking out.

"How many times have I warned you to be careful! You blood is-" San cut himself off, tentatively sniffing Wooyoung's fingertips.

"It's cherry juice, San." Wooyoung rolled his eyes as he indicated to the basket of cherries he'd been pipping for his mother. She always loved cherries on Christmas, and he loved it when she was happy.

"Oh..." San, out of embarrassment, burried his face into Wooyoung's neck.

Wooyoung couldn't help but giggle and kiss San's hair. "Don't worry my love, I find the concern adorable." Wooyoung kissed San again.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

San pulled away carefully, handing Wooyoung a wrapped gift.

The wrapping was absolutely awful.

"You know, with hundreds of years to practice I thought you'd have mastered gift wrapping." Wooyoung joked, loving the way San's face turned that usual cotton candy pink.

"Just open it already you tease." San grumbled, standing behind Wooyoung with his arms wrapped around his stomach and chin rested on Wooyoung's shoulder.

It was a vase.

The one he'd broken all those years ago.

All the cracks melded together with pure gold.

"Without this vase we wouldn't even be together today, so I thought you ought to have it." San muttered beside Wooyoung's ear.

Wooyoung gently put his gift down and hugged San back, feeling safer in his arms than he did anywhere else.

"I love you." Wooyoung sighed.

"And I love you too, always." Lips pressed to Wooyoung's carefully, sparks filling his bloodstream and warming his body.

"Now let me get your gift!" Wooyoung quickly let San go and sprinted to the tree, grabbing a box and giving it to San.

"The Hell?" San clearly didn't expect just how heavy the box was.

"Just open it silly!" Wooyoung lightly pushed San's shoulder. As San opened the box Wooyoung grew nervous, immediately explaining himself. "You said that you were running out of books to read, so I grabbed some I thought you might like. I know it isn't much, but yeah..."

He'd bought Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, The Princess Bride by S.Morgenstern, Neil Gaiman's Coraline and a book of short stories.

"No, I love it. Thank you Wooyoung." San quickly read the blurbs of each book, excitement making his beautiful eyes sparkle.

"You're welcome. Now where are the other two idiots?" Wooyoung looked around, unable to find the other vampires. "Oh and of course Jongho, the sweetheart."

"So I get idiot and he gets sweetheart?" Mingi messed up Wooyoung's hair before slouching onto the couch. Yeosang and Jongho weren't far behind, sitting on the floor beside the tree.

"Well am I wrong?" Wooyoung giggled when Mingi very lightly kicked his leg.

"Shut up and give me gifts." Mingi opened his hands, making childish grabbing motions. Yunho and Seonghwa, being the only humans who didn't even slightly hat vampires, sat with them.

"Well technically I got you all a joint gift." Wooyoung pointed to the coffee table, which was absolutely covered in baked goods.

"Fuck yeah!" Mingi grabbed a plate, piling up cookies and cupcakes and all manner of sweets.

"Ok so I guess I chose correctly with my Christmas gifts." Wooyoung laughed as everyone, San included, devoured pretty much everything at lightning speed.

It didn't take long for all of them to hand out gifts and just relax.

"How was your Christmas morning?" Wooyoung asked the latecomers, holding San's hand.

"Well my stupid father hauled ass to the Choi manor at five in the morning because Choi Minho, no offence to your brother. So that was an experience." Yeosang scoffed, finishing off the rest of his cupcake.

"Yeah... I can also say that Minho wasn't impressed to be awoken at five-thirty by Taemin screeching 'Merry Christmas'. But at least that meant we got to spend our first Christmas morning together in about 150 years." San laughed. It was rather relaxing, with Seonghwa finally not annoying Yeosang and Yunho not being overly clingy with Mingi.

They chatted, laughed, ate and in general had a nice, peaceful afternoon.

A perfect Christmas.

And Wooyoung couldn't wait to spend many more with the people he cared about.