Twenty Three

It wasn't long before Alister regained his footing, lunging at San and knocking him to the floor. Wooyoung tried to get to Seonghwa, yet he quickly slipped over on the blood coating the ground. Metallic stench forced it's way up Wooyoung's nose as he began shaking.

This was a nightmare.

And he wasn't waking up.

A slight grey haze overtook Wooyoung's vision. He braced for impact, expecting to die, when he realised that it was a shield. San had directed part of his magic to protecting Wooyoung.

Which meant he had less power to defeat the elder vampire.

One solid punch to the cheek sent San flying. And after that Alister quickly gained the upper hand.

Wooyoung could barely bring himself to move. Seonghwa's blood had soaked through his pants, staining his skin. His legs were too weak to even stand, the slick pool of blood around him seemingly inescapable.

But San needed him.

Alister had San pressed against the wall, about to snap his neck and end all of this.

San wasn't angry enough.

Wooyoung was going to lose him.

Shich

Wooyoung was surprised by how tough the skin of his palm was to cut through. He'd remembered the knife hidden at the waistband of his pants just in time to save San's life.

And fledgling blood smelt even more sweet than human blood.

It was safe to say Wooyoung hadn't thought through his plan properly, especially when Alister immediately lunged at him. Sliding uselessly on the crimson floors, Wooyoung only hoped he wouldn't die.

Then in confusion San's shield over Wooyoung fell.

Shit.

Alister's fingers snaked around Wooyoung's neck, dragging him close enough for Alister's fangs to sink into Wooyoung's neck.

Agony.

A screech so guttural it was completely inhuman consumed the room. In his pained haze Wooyoung didn't even realise it was his own voice, nor did he notice the tears that poured down his cheeks. Alister's fangs had sunken into his flesh, remaining in place as he feasted on Wooyoung's blood.

The floor began to shake.

It was distracting enough for Alister to let go of Wooyoung, who's weak body could do nothing but collapse to the floor, limp. It was impossible to tell how badly Wooyoung was bleeding, the floor already too soaked to discern who's blood belonged to who.

Chunks of floor lifted into the air, small waterfalls of crimson pouring from the surfaces.

It felt like Wooyoung was drowning. Waves pulled him under as he simply let his body float. He couldn't stay awake for much longer, blearily blinking.

Darkness.

San kicked Alister in the jaw.

Sinking.

There was a scream as San tore Alister's arm from the socket, discarding it on the floor as he attacked Alister again.

Drowning.

A blaze sizzled and boiled the blood coating the stone floors as San set Alister's body ablaze with his vampiric magic.

A scream. A wail...

The bubbly crackling of skin and flesh.

"Angel? Stay with me." San slid over to Wooyoung, holding him close as Wooyoung struggled to stay awake.