Seventeen

In the weeks that passed Wooyoung and San's relationship soothed into something tranquil and perfect. They went on many dates, spent most of their time together, and even convinced Wooyoung's father about how normal the vampires could be. Their final year of high school was coming to a close, and graduation was only a few hours away.

"Shit I still don't know what I'm doing with my life." Seonghwa groaned, having been in home school for moth of his life and only being given the option of a vampire hunter in terms of career.

"I don't either, but at least I know who I want to spend it with." Yunho smiled softly, leaning back onto Mingi's chest and closing his eyes. They all sat outside in the sun, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

"I'll just take over from my father in terms of keeping the vampires in our 'clan' under control." Yeosang shrugged, seeming as bored as usual.

Wooyoung, with all that went on that past few months, completely forgot that he had to think about his future. "I'm not sure what I'll do." He muttered, trying to mask his worry.

"I'll take care of you no matter what happens." San assured, grinning at Wooyoung and holding him close.

"I'm gonna be a world wrestler." Jongho decided, and no one doubted he'd be a success.

"I think I'll just figure it out later. I've just gotten out of prison, I don't need to be a functional adult just yet." Everyone laughed as Mingi shrugged.

"We've gotta stick together though. No matter what." Wooyoung said. It didn't take long for them all to agree, lapsing into a comfortable silence.

It felt like the ceremony ended in the blink of an eye.

And then Wooyoung was being hugged by his parents, told how proud they were of him. And then he was getting a photo with his friends to signify that they'd made it. No more crappy maths class. No more coordinated chaos in Drama.

He was out in the real world now.

"Wooyoung, can you come with me for a second?" San asked, extending a hand to Wooyoung. Feeling rather overwhelmed anyway, Wooyoung graciously accepted San's hand and allowed the vampire to lead him through the empty school. "You're nervous, right?"

Wooyoung sighed, walking close to San. "I don't even know what I'm doing with my life. My only skills are killing vampires, and those are most definitely not marketable. And on top of that I have absolutely no clue what my future could hold. I'm more lost than nervous. What do I even do Sannie?"

"Well I'm not sure about what exactly your future holds." San led Wooyoung to the roof of the school, sitting down beside him. "But I hope I can be a part of it."

"Well of course San, I want to be with you for as long as I live. I'm your fledgling now, I wouldn't have done that if I didn't love you the way I do." Wooyoung rolled his eyes, finding San adorable.

"And I don't know exactly how to utilise your skills, but I know there's a way we can use them to better the world. And if not I want to help you find something you do want to do." San's voice had become slightly shaky, and Wooyoung could tell he was nervous. So he gently held San's hand, smiling softly.

"I know you do, love. I trust you." Wooyoung assured. San reached into his pocket, holding out a small black box to Wooyoung.

"This is a risk. I know that. But I'll protect you this time with my life." San carefully got down on one knee, making Wooyoung gasp softly as he revealed a beautiful blood diamond ring. The band was made of beautiful silver, and the blood diamond had small pink diamonds surrounding it. "Your old ring was buried with you, so I had a new one made."

San gently held Wooyoung's hand.

"Jung Wooyoung, will you marry me?"

Tears tumbled down Wooyoung's cheeks as he tackled San in a hug.

"Yes! Oh my god yes!" Wooyoung carefully held out his left hand to San, heart soaring as the engagement ring glittered in the bright sunlight. The weight felt comfortable, and he felt more safe than he'd ever felt before in this life.

"I'll protect you, alright Wooyoung." San cupped Woooyung's cheeks and stared deeply into his eyes. "No one will ever hurt you again."

Wooyoung smashed his lips to San's, cutting off his boyfriend's worries. And San immediately responded, lips melding together in a silent promise. They were in this together now, for the rest of their lives.

"I love you Sannie."

"I love you too Wooyoung." San hugged Wooyoung closely.

"You two finally engaged?" Mingi joined them on the rooftop, followed by their other friends.

"Yeah, because we didn't propose the second we met." Wooyoung joked, causing Mingi and Yunho to laugh.

"Touché my friend." Yunho sat down beside them, looking at Wooyoung's wedding ring. "So pretty."

"I'll help plan everything!" Jackson declared happily. "And Markie will help." The other just nodded silently, smiling as he held Jackson's hand.

"Of course, Sannie and I will need a lot of help with this." Wooyoung giggled, glancing at all of his friends.

They were all here, together, feeling completely untouchable.

And suddenly the future didn't seem so scary anymore... because Wooyoung wasn't going into it alone.

He had is perfect impromptu family with him. And a future husband who he'd give anything for.

He was safe, happy, and ready for whatever life threw at him next.