Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation II]

Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation Part 2]

Prom was great, better than I would have expected.

Aiden picked me up from home, surprising my mom when he did. She flew right into his embrace and gushed on how she had missed him. that was one of the many reasons why I love my mom so much, even when I had went through a very public break up with Aiden and everything else that had ensued, she treated him like nothing had happened. My mom was awesome and I was not ashamed in admitting that. She pretty much rocked my world, the gravity that kept me attached to the ground.

I remembered the last time it was prom and it was Aiden’s. I had chosen something very pretty, very divine-ish and white one shouldered Grecian dress for the occasion. However for my very own prom, I’m going with something, if not radically different then close to that.

It was deep burgundy, body hugging, fishtailed, and strapless. My hair was of course was done in an up do, elegantly swept and twisted with a smattering jeweled pin decorating my dark crown. It was something of my mom’s who was passed down from her mom. And to me it was very vintage chic, but nevertheless it needed to go through quite a modern alteration before I can actually to wear it and not look like a Victorian ghost. I had to dress down the dramatic gown and completely altered the top into a corset bodice. My shopping trip the other day with Aiden was not very fruitful: it ended up raining and we ended up in a café, sipping lattes instead.

 I was gonna wear a tiny dark veil (like the one they wore in church) but I decided that it was too dramatic. But hey, I was a fashion student and it was prom.

Aiden looked simply dashing of course, in his black tuxedo with a red rose pinned to his button hole. He slipped a red rose corsage to my wrist and a couple of snaps of the camera by mom later, we were out the door.

“You look amazing Fay.” He said while driving. My red lips curved into a smile and I thanked him. I had made it my mission tonight to impress Aiden, and if I can managed it, I wanted to see the look on Alex’s face when I made my entrance with my ex boyfriend in my dress.

“I am so using you.” I said right after the train of thought left me. “I am using you to make Alex jealous and I am a terrible person.” Aiden eased the car into a parking spot and turned to me.

“I don’t mind.” He said smiling. “Now come, let’s make sure tomorrow’s gossip column will be devoted to nothing but us.”  He got out and opened the door for me. He held out his hand

I took his hand and stepped out of the dark sedan. “I can see the headlines already.”

I had almost forgot, how it felt like being with Aiden. As much as it was somewhat comforting, I can never explain why I always feel so safe around him, so grounding. It was probably the cliché is me talking but, as much as it was so, it was also… thrilling.

I watched as head turned as we made our way across the room, girls nudging and whispering to each other, pointing at us. Phones were pulled out of purses and pockets and pictures were snapped under the pulsating colorful light. I bet my life that those pictures are making their way to social networking sites as we speak, but tonight I had chosen to not to care. I had went down this path before, what more can happen to me than what already had?

We met with Mary and Josh for a minute, chatting and sipping fruit punch and soda until Aiden pulled me to the dance floor. He circled his hand around my waist and held me close as we revolved for a slow song. I got comfortable after a while and leaned against his chest.

“I missed you.” Aiden whispered over the song Stickwitu by the pussycat dolls. I looked up to him and captured his cheek with my palm.

“I missed you too.” We were dancing the night away, chatting and catching up. Aiden and I was taking a break from all the dancing and decided, for old times’ sake, to roam the corridors just like we used to do last year during his prom.