Chapter 35 [I'm Sorry but I Love You]

My Roommate is the world biggest jerk 35

Chapter 35 [I’m Sorry But I Love You]

“Are you sure?” The Queen’s deep blue eyes narrowed and I immediately looked down. Those pair of eyes reminded my too much of Aiden’s. The guilt rooted in my heart steadily grew, intensifying into something sinister and dark, wrenching and tugging my heart painfully. This morning following breakfast I had went out to meet Her Royal Highness yet again, after three painful days of deciding. I had weighed on everything as I considered. “What had made you decide?”

“Your Majesty I love your son very much.” I began while still staring to my lap where I had folded my hands to stop them from shaking. “As much as I value this marriage, I found that I value our future even more. Aiden will someday be responsible to shape this country and he will need to take the necessary step to be a leader of this nation. He will need to carry out his responsibilities without me to limit his possibilities.”

My mother in law surveyed me with polite interest. “Do you think being with you will make him weak?”

“No, Your Majesty. But for now I think it is best for us to grow as a person separately. We’re both are still very young and as you had said, each of us had so much more to look forward to in life. For Aiden to become who he’s destined to be, he doesn’t need a secret wife to limit him.”

The Queen Matilda nodded. “And what will you do my dear?”

I fumbled with the clasp of my purse for a second before producing the letter from St. Martins before her. “Thank you for this generous offer Your Majesty but I think I must refuse. But I do plan to go abroad; I received an offer early this summer for a scholarship at Westminster, London.”

“I see.”

“Yes, and I plan to board a plane for London soon.” I dared a sip of tea before breaching the matter of the annulment again. “Your Majesty, ah…I trust that this matter shall be dealt with... ah…”

“The utmost secrecy, do not worry. Aiden will not be aware of it until his signature is needed. By that time you should already be settled in London.”

I was satisfied by her answer. “Thank you Your Majesty. I shall take my leave now.” She nodded and I rose from the chair, heading for the door before she stopped me. I turned and watched her Majesty rose from her seat.

A few steps and she stood in front of me. The Queen Matilda was slightly taller than me, still remarkably beautiful in her forties. Her dark chestnut hair shone with a wisp of grey streak in the mass of brown. I remembered seeing her old photos Aiden once showed to me. The Queen Matilda Storme was the former Lady Matilda Fernworth, the only daughter of the Fernworth family. Before marrying the now King Theodore, she was a successful financial manager of the Fernworth Corporation. She also used to model before, putting her beauty to good use. That was how she came to enchant the young Prince Theodore.

Slowly she smiled and stepped closer to bestow me a fleeting hug. Taken by surprise I was frozen solid and when she pulled back, my mother in law took both my hands. “You made the right choice my young princess. Your mother had done an exceptional job in rising you.” She said.

“Thank you Your Majesty.”

“But before I can let you go, I must insist that you accept the St. Martins offer. My name may get you through the door but my dear; it was your resume from The Royale that secured that place for you.”

“Really?”

“But of course! And my dear, I must apologize how I had been behaving all these time. It was quite hard to accept the fact how Aiden had chosen to forsaken every plan I had laid out for him. over the years I had grown to mistrust and doubt people’s motives.”