Chapter 24 [Senior Year]

my roommate is the world biggest jerk24

Chapter 24 [Senior Year]

Fay POV

10 months later…

It was lunch hour and handed my red apple to Alex which was gladly accepted by him. He brought the fruit and bit it with a crunch. Juice from the fruit moistened his lips and he wiped it with the back of his hand.

My eyes lingered onto his sensuous lips longer than I should and Alex caught me red handed. He set the half eaten apple on the table and a few minutes later we were at our secret balcony, his hands around my waist, mine around his neck, lips meeting.

It should be no secret to anyone as the school commenced again and we started senior years that Fay Addams, the girl who used to date the prince was now dating Alex, the third son of the Stockholm family who was in the arts, antiques and bridal industry.

We started seeing each other sometime in the middle of summer when Alex started coming to hang out at my place. Victoria moved to the US and I just went through a very public split with Aiden so naturally we ended up together. We watched a lot of movies and went out as often. Alex invited me to his house where he hosted a birthday party for me and we ended up kissing in his kitchen. Things just picked up after that.

Oh, and I haven’t slept with Alex or anything. I don’t know why but I wanted to take things slow and I don’t think it’s appropriate for some reason. Plus he haven’t been pressuring me to so, it was cool. The kiss broke off and after we stabilised our breathing I found Alex smiling.

“Why are you smiling?” he shook his head and brushed a lock of stray hair.

“I’m really sorry for the other day.” he whispered. I shook my head.

“It’s okay.” We fought the other day. Alex was jealous of me with a guy from my old school; it was not a big deal. I leaned on the balustrade, staring at the green trees and the emerald field that carpeted the school yard.  It was already spring: autumn and winter seemed to have sprinted so fast, taking with it my senior year. I was already dating Alex for nearly a year now, I had gotten to know him better than I ever had.

He was the jealous type, he had a short temper but he cooled down just as quick as well. He was sweet which made even the tiniest event memorable: his birthday,winter solstice, our 100 day mark, Halloween, chocolate day, rose day, valentine… he made a big fuss of everything.

One of our biggest fight happened when we were out on Christmas Day and stumbled upon the Christmas parade. Aiden was there of course and I was caught staring at my ex longer than I should. Alex threw a fit. I didn’t mean to piss him off and drove him into jealousy but Aiden was wearing the scarf I had given him last Christmas, how can I not stare? 

The other time I had seen Aiden was through the TV or magazines. He had enrolled in CU, majoring in Film and Theatre. He had grown his hair longer and there was a few times his scandals were plastered on gossip columns. I paid little attention to them but I can’t help but to feel somewhat stung from his college pursuits. He outgrew his schoolboy look too, now his style was more suave: fitting to the definition of royalty. As a fashion student as myself I couldn't help but to approve.

“I promise not to lose it again.” Alex whispered and came hugging me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder dropping a tender kiss. I reached back and ruffled his hair.

“It’s okay.”

“Senior year seemed to past by real quickly, it’s already June.” I said absent mindedly.