Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk20

Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]

I felt the irritating twinge in my gut as I was forced to see Alex and Victoria locked lips and began sucking each other’s faces.

I let out a disgusted noise and turned away to find Mary Sue’s big blue eyes reflecting the same feeling of revulsion. It had been more than a few weeks into the new year and Alex had been dodging our much needed talk with making out with his new ‘girlfriend’ each time there was a chance of us exchanging few words. It was also very annoying how Victoria was on his lap every time he, Mary, Josh and I got together.

And it was getting pretty frustrating that he didn’t even want the matter to be addressed and keep on maintaining that nothing-had-happen-attitude. It was getting old pretty quick but there was nothing I can do. I can’t just walk over there and rip those two apart and force the talk down Alex’s throat. Trust me if I could, I would have done it weeks ago.

“That is not healthy.” Mary commented for what I thought to be the hundredth time since school started, her lips curled into a pout. “In relationships people talk – they don’t just make out… all the time!” she said with pronounced repulse. I shrugged.

“Maybe when we’re not around they talk…” I said, taking a glance at the entwined couple and regretted it immediately. They were still at it, making out like they were no one in the room but them.

“I highly doubt it.” Josh sidled into the seat next to Mary, a red apple in his hand. He took a crunching bite. “After some thinking, well, I had come up with a full proof theory.”

“Theory to what?” I asked. Josh raised a finger and pointed to Alex and Victoria. “That?” Josh nodded.

“I had concluded after much investigation that he isn’t that much into her, to be honest. He was just using her to get you jealous.” Mary sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes.

“Duh, isn’t that obvious?” Mary commented, much to Josh’s surprise.

“You knew?” he questioned and she nodded and giggled, edged to his side and patted his cheek.

“Honey, what else could it be?” she said smiling to her boyfriend.

I took another look at Alex. “I don’t know you guys; the lust coming off the two is no kidding.” I said and I would like to think that I was right. They were ravishing each other, figuratively of course. But the intensity of it was real and that kind of stuff was hard to feign.

“Of course the lust is real.” Josh mused, looking at me this time around. “Addams, a man can make out with any girl and be lustful like there is no tomorrow. Heck, we can jump on the chick we hate most on the planet and went at it like drunken bunnies.” Mary and I burst out in laughter.

“Anything with a pulse huh?” I asked and Josh grinned.

“What about Victoria though?” I didn’t know the tall statuesque brunette very well but I heard that her last name gravitate a lot of power. Her family was real estate tycoons and listed along side of the likes of Hilton, Astor and Trump.

“I don’t know but I assumed that she’s smart enough to recognize that whatever that they are, is not a functional relationship.” Mary answered and Josh nodded.

“And while they’re joined together, I don’t exactly have the space to talk to him.” Josh furrowed his brow.

“But you do talk to him, right? I mean, you’re not completely ignoring each other like the time when you started dating Aiden?” I rolled my eyes.