Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk 29

hey there my lovelies! so finally here's the unedited, fresh from the oven - 29th chapter of My Roommate. i just wated to thank those who had voted and commented on the last chapter. im so sorry i didnt reply to some of it, i had just finished my finals see. so without furthur ado...

please vote, comment and enjoy! 

Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]

“Mom, say something…” I begged. A few moments ago I had told my mom that Aiden had proposed to me and that I had said yes. Mom had yet to say anything and was staring unblinkingly at me. But after a few moments of intense silence, mom’s lips broke into a smile. She then closed the distance between us to give me a hug.

“I know darling!”She said hugging me tight. When we broke free, confused, I asked her how she found out about the proposal. “Aw Fay, do you think Aiden dared asking for your hand before asking for my permission first? What manners that child has.” She said smiling fondly.

“Wait, Aiden asked for your permission first?” I was taken aback. I did not know that he did that. How thoughtful of him! Instinctively my hand went to the ring I had strung with a chain which I wore around my neck. The ring Aiden used to propose to me was too big for my finger so I decided to wear them around my neck instead. He promised me a real engagement ring soon but I told him not to, I liked the simple ring just fine.

“He did. Well at first I didn’t agreed, you were so young darling, both of you! But in the end he convinced me that he is fit enough to take care of you. Besides, it’s a bit hypocritical of me if I oppose, your father and I got married right after high school as well.”

I chuckled hearing that and watched as mom’s grin got softer, fonder. “Do you love him darling? Do you love him enough for this? Marriage is a big step.”

“Yeah, I love him.”

The following week I heard little from Aiden. He was still smoothing things over with his parents. On some days we didn’t have the chance to talk, texting each other when we could. From what I can gather, the king was furious and the queen was distressed by her only son rash actions. I was taking a walk around town when suddenly a familiar black sedan stopped right in front of me. The tinted windows rolled down revealing one of my favorite confidants: Ryui.

“Hop in.” he invited. Later he filled me in on what was going on: the king and queen requested to see me and Aiden had been in so much trouble. This was deemed his biggest mistake ever and the crown prince had done some seriously reputation damaging slip up before like his habit of running away at every chance he got plus the underage drinking he regularly does. It was not a big deal but for PR it was definitely not a good move.

And of course, the crown prince marrying at 19 did not say good PR either.

“When the Queen talks, just keep your eyes down and don’t say anything. Even if she provokes you, just don’t say anything. Aiden’s probably not gonna be with you, he’s kind of grounded.”

“Wait, Aiden’s grounded?” Ryui smiled weakly and nodded.

“Yep. The guard was ordered to watch him 24-7. He was not allowed to leave his wing and his car keys seized. He tried to escape a few times but failed.” My brows furrowed and Ryui assured me that he was okay. “Princess Eliza got worried so she flew back to Claymore. She arrived a few minutes ago.”

My mouth gone dry and I can’t think of anything to say. Aiden had gotten himself in so much trouble and I can’t help to but think that it was my fault.