Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk18

thank you so much everyone for reading this! Happy new year!! =]

Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]

“What do you want for Christmas?” Addy fixed her bespectacled eyes on me as the three of us were sitting at her living room watching a rerun of Friends. I shrugged and focused on the television screen. It was a Saturday and I was enjoying some time with Addy and Loraine. Christmas was due sometime in the next two weeks and I haven’t given it much thought let alone thinking up possible Christmas presents. I was always been that way since I could remember. It wasn’t like I hated Christmas or the act of present giving and receiving, no, that part was cool. Who would hate presents? Not me, but I didn’t took the matter too seriously. Whatever I receive was fine, I wasn’t much of a complainer. And I was also blessed with a knack of knowing just what to give friends and families, so whenever the holiday season rolled in, I was set.  

“Whatever is fine?” I answered much to Addy’s displeasure and she showed it by sighing. Yes, while I was okay with receiving whatever and giving what I thought was going to matter, Addison would freak during Christmas. She would fuss and keep trying to give the perfect present and would worry if her gift was not what people hoped for. She was usually the one with the cool head but she would lose it when it started to snow and wraiths were hung on doors.

“Help me out here!” she begged and I took my eyes from the thirty minutes sitcom I was enjoying immensely. I twisted my lips and pondered.

“A new scarf would be cool.”

“Liar, you’re just saying whatever popped in your head! I gave you a scarf last Christmas.” She went on. Lulu who had been quiet burst out laughing.

“A girl can never have too many scarves.” I said reassuring her. “I love scarves.”

“You sure?” she asked, rising her arching brow. I nodded. Lulu turned her head to meet my stare. Her eyes narrowing as she whispered.

“What are you getting for… you know, him?” again, Loraine cocked her brow. Her head slightly tilted as her eyes studied me carefully.

“Who?” Both of my friends let out an identical exasperated sigh.

“Saint Nick that who!” Lulu’s voice was oozing sarcasm. She rolled her light brown eyes. “Who else? Aiden of course!”

I stopped and thought for it bit before coming up with nothing. Truthfully I haven’t thought much about presents yet. To be fair there were still a few more days till Christmas and I am a late shopper.

“I dunno, I haven’t given much thought about it.” I leaned to the coffee table and grabbed the bowl of popcorn and settled in on my lap.

“Well, you better think fast.” The warning came from Addy and I was silent after that, not at all focusing on the television anymore. I was preoccupied thinking about what to give Aiden.

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure Aiden out. Sure, there were more about him that meets the eye, being a total bipolar jerk was one. It was pretty clear between the two of us now that we perhaps had a little crush of each other but soon I was disappointed to discover that Aiden had no intention to commit to anything.

I was in for a rude awakening when the first day of school after the Halloween party, when Aiden gave no sign at all that he was even present at the party. Perhaps during lunch I had excused myself to the bathroom to cry but that was it. I was not going to be that pitiful idiotic girl again; I was not his plaything that he can dance and kiss for one night and forget the next day. I had been down that road so many times I was ashamed of myself, even after losing my virginity to him still I haven’t learn a thing!