Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]

• Dedicated to praying for Deasung!

My roommate is the world biggest jerk30

Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]

I was thinking cupcakes for breakfast and fresh milk to wash it all down.

I was feeling cupcakes. Chocolate one with pristine white icing on top, a generous dab of it topped with a mouth watering, juicy red cherry. Better yet, make that a big red strawberry instead. Smiling faintly I reached and placed my palm on my flat stomach and considered if I was experiencing my first urge of baby cravings. The knowledge that I was, thrilled me to a flutter.

Well at least there was still something that can make me smile today after the spectacle that was my wedding night. I sighed at the memory of last night. Aiden still had not spoken to me since then, not that I have anything to say to him. A twinge of sorrow took the flutter of excitement of my heart away and replaced them with ache.

My room was white: white walls with gold trimming and white sheets. Fluffy white pillows embroidered with gold thread and white orchids rested in the huge vase on the fireplace. On the left side of my room French doors was thrown open and my white curtains was caught in a light breeze, billowing in a gentle wave. The room was lavish, my bed was king sized and with me sleeping alone in the middle of it created the illusion that it was somehow bigger. The simple dark wood furniture littered about the room was opulent and the art hanging on the wall was sumptuous. In spite of that I felt hollow.

I took a quick glance in the mirror this morning to discover that my eyes were still puffy from staying all night and crying. I had taken to locking up myself in a room across from Aiden’s and he had not even had the sense to come and comfort me. He had not even knocked to see if I was all right.

After the festivities wrapped we kind of shouted at each other… a lot. And of course after that episode we couldn’t share a room together. I just might end up throttling the father of my child, which was not advisable. and he might end up divorcing me after a few hours of becoming husband and wife. That would set up a whole new record of course. After the last guest was gone we were immediately escorted to the Voltaire Castle which was located near the Summerset beach and privately owned by the dowager Duchess of Summerset, the King’s mother who had generously offered us a place to stay until the nasty gossip abated. The splendid castle Voltaire was located on the hilltop overlooking the very beach that witnessed the day Aiden proposed to me, light years ago.

As a Claymorean I grew up looking at the pictures of the castle and once, even took a class trip that allowed me to stare at awe at the castle up close as visitors are allowed to prowl the castle grounds once a year on the Dowager’s birthday. But stepping in onto the grounds as the princess bride, the magnificent castle felt different. Maybe I was imagining things but the imposing walls felt intimidating and my heart sunk. Maybe it was the tears that were threatening to burst or maybe it was the grimace showing on Aiden’s face. Maybe it was both.

I lay on my back with one palm still caressing my stomach. I recalled the way how Aiden’s face was stunned once realizing that his ex girlfriend was in attendance of our ‘engagement’ party. Worst yet how he had talked in her presence and his disregard of my feelings entirely during the whole tumultuous evening.

I remembered how he dismissed Alex and disallowing him from entering the hall. How dare he? Why was that his ex girlfriend was allowed to enter and not mine? Sighing heavily I reopened my eyes and stared ahead on the white canopy of the bed.

Today was my first day as a married woman, a married woman carrying a baby no less. Coming to that truth again, pain surged through my heart. I tried my hardest to get too carried away, thinking about my baby. People did say awfully often that a mothers emotions can affect that baby but try as I might, the pain did not go away. Instead I had gotten more enraged than last night. It was a good thing that Aiden had not yet shown his face, or I would really be tempted to land a blow on his handsome indifferent face.