Shinsou has an anxious dream

Author's note: This turned out okay I guess...

You were stirred awake in the middle of the night. You had snuck into Shinsou's dorm room for a little sleepover again. Just sleeping with him made you feel safe, and since none of your classmates had snitched on you yet, you were going to keep doing it. It was so nice to sleep when you had someone spooning you.

"Toshi?" you muttered in your half-asleep state.

You were laying with your back against Shinsou's chest and his arms were around your waist, with his face snuggled to the back of your neck. What woke you up was his ragged breathing and the fact that he was squeezing your waist quite hard. You tried to turn to face him, but his grip was too tight.

"Toshi, what's wrong?" you whispered and tapped his hand.

Shinsou woke up kind of halfway, enough to notice that you were uncomfortable, but not enough to do anything about it.

"What?" he muttered, but he was still breathing heavily.

"What's wrong? You seem anxious" you asked, turning to face him now that he had relinquished his hold on you.

"I think I had a nightmare?" he said, a lot more awake now.

"You wanna talk about it?" you asked and brushed his hair to the side of his face with your fingers.

"I don't think I can go back to sleep before I talk about it" he sighed.

"What was it about? You seemed pretty distressed before I woke you up" you asked.

"I was trying to save Aizawa and I kept failing... and it was my fault he kept getting hurt, over and over again..."

"I get why that would make you anxious, but I hope it doesn't make you doubt yourself or something like that, because I have all the faith in you"

Of course you would say that, why wouldn't you, you knew him well enough to pretty much read his mind at times or at least that's what it felt like. Even though he was admittedly feeling anxious, he couldn't help but smirk slightly at your comment. He had felt pretty bad during the dream, and had definitely felt like he had let down his mentor, but like usually, you said the right thing.

"After that comment, how could I?" he yawned and pulled you closer.

"Are you ready to go back to sleep, or do you want to talk about it more?" you asked and settled into his arms.

"Yeah, good night babe" he sighed and you could feel his body relax behind you.

"Night babe" you said and closed your eyes.

Shinsou didn't have any nightmares for the rest of the night, but to his infinite good luck, you were both late for your first class, because he hadn't set his alarm, but he felt like it was worth it.