Childhood friends

This was the day. You could make a name for yourself at the UA sports festival. Of course you were also curious to see all the different quirks and people. You marched to the stadium with the rest of the class-A. When all the first years had gathered, the event started. Bakugou went to make his so called speech or whatever and then it was the time for the first round. It turned out to be an obstacle course.

"Oh boy, I hate this.", you sighted.

This was more of a physical thing. You weren't in a bad shape, but your quirk probably wasn't the most ideal for this. Depending on the way the obstacle course had been built of course.

The whole mass of students started to run through the corridor. You moved people out of your way with your quirk, and ran through the crowd. Todoroki froze the ground and you managed to dodge, just in the nick of time. A lot of people from other classes were trapped to the ice. Next there were robots ahead, same ones as at the entering exam. A few of your classmates had already gotten past them, and you could see them disappearing to the distance.

You glanced behind you and saw that a lot of people where stuck in Todoroki's ice. One particular group caught your eye. There were a few people carrying a person with purple hair and tired eyes.

"Toshi?!", you shrieked, recognizing your childhood friend. You used his old nickname without even thinking.

Shinsou turned to look at the person who had said his name. It was a girl. A very familiar looking girl.

"[Name]!?", he yelped.

"Holy hell, it really is-", your sentence was cut of by something knocking you head first to the ground. You lost consciousness.

When you woke up, your head was hurting like hell. You sat up.

"What the heck happened?", you muttered.

"You got knocked out by one of the robots.", someone answered."

"Who is it?"

The boy peeked from behind the curtain that was surrounding your bed.

"Can I come in?", he asked.

"Toshi! It really was you. Come here", you exclaimed.

"I didn't know you were in UA, and in the hero course on top of that."

"I had no idea you were here either, but how was your first round?"

"I got to continue, I came here as soon as I finished. I wanted to make sure it was really you."

"Well, it's me. But I was dropped from the race, wasn't I?"

"Yeah, it's a shame. If you still kick ass like you used to, you woul've been great out there. Are you gonna come and watch the next event?"

"Yeah, I wanna see you in action."

"Let's go then, I've got to hurry and you can go to the stands."

"Hey, do you mind if I still call you Toshi?" you asked quietly.

"No, it's fine."

You smiled and headed out from the temporary nurse's office. You went to your seat and waited for the event to begin.

It was weird seeing him after all this time. You had thought about him alot ever since you moved away, but your parents didn't want you to keep in contact with him. They thought his quirk was villanous and that he might hurt you. You should've fought them on it, but you didn't and you regretted that. You knew that Shinou was well aware of what your parents thought of him. He had been your best friend for years, and then you had just lost touch with him. You had kicked the asses of everyone who had bullied Shinsou for his quirk. You still would. You decided you wanted ro reconnect with him. The relationship between you two didn't seem too tense or akward, so there was hope.