Track 4: Bright

Julie has to sit down at the news. Daisy had never mentioned anything about her family in the whole year they'd known her, so to hear that Luke was her brother came as a shock.

"You're brother?" Julie asks. Daisy had moved to sit next to her.

"Yeah, my parents had me five years after he died. So I never got to meet him, but it feels like I have. My mom used to tell me stories about him. He and the band are the reason I got into music," Daisy says. It's true. When Daisy learned Luke had been in a band, she begged her parents to buy her a guitar. And for the first little while, she used Luke's old one he'd left in his room when he ran away.

"Why didn't you say something when he was in here?" Julie asks.

"What would you say to your dead older brother who doesn't know you exist?" Daisy says. They both go silent. That's a valid point. What would you say in the situation? "Oh, by the way, I'm Daisy. I'm your younger sister of twenty-two years. Mom and dad still love you by the way. I don't think he'd react kindly to that."

"You don't know that," Julie says. she leans forward as if to place a hand on Daisy's shoulder but it just passes right through. "He might be really excited when you tell him, but you won't find out until you do."

"Yeah. I guess you're right, I'm gonna go find him," Daisy says. She poofs out to the garage landing on the coffee table, but she only finds Alex and the guy in the leather jacket. The guy in the leather jacket is laying upside down on one end of the couch while Alex sits on the stool behind a set of drums.

"Oh, hey!" the guy in the Leather jacket says. He scrambles to sit up but instead accidentally flips onto the ground. "Totally meant to do that." Daisy giggles and looks around. RIOT hadn't been inside the studio since the day they appeared to Julie, so she had never gotten a really good look at it. There's a large piano towards the back. And next to the drum set there are a few guitars. Multiple chairs hang from the ceiling, in different shapes and colors. On the back wall, plants sit on shelves and hang from the ceiling.

"Um, do you know where Luke is?" Daisy asks.

"He should be back soon. I'm Alex, by the way, and this is-"

"Reggie!" Reggie cuts Alex off. He looks Daisy up and down with a wink. Taking in her black pants, black cropped halter top, a familiar flannel, and her gold boots. Daisy hums and moves to sit in a chair by the door. She crosses her leather-clad legs across the armrest. "We bumped into each other this morning remember?"

"That was you guys? I was that close and didn't even realize?" Daisy asks.  Both boys sit up straighter at her words.

"That close to what?" Alex asks. Daisy starts to shake her head.

"I should really talk to Luke first." She says.

"Talk to me about what?" Luke's voice rings out from behind Daisy. She jumps, not having known he had appeared. By the look on both Reggie and Alex's faces, they had.

"Oh my gosh! Now I know why Julie reacts the way she does," Daisy says. She turns around to see Luke with his arms crossed. There's a confused look on his face that reminds her so much of her own. "Can we talk outside? Just you and I?" Daisy sighs. Luke nods before poofing out, Daisy soon following. They're standing on the Molina's front porch. Luke with his arms crossed over the railing and Daisy standing next to him.

"I'm Daisy," she starts. "Twenty-five years ago, you were about to play at the Orpheum. But you, Reggie, and Alex got food poisoning from street dogs." Luke turns to look at her, his face scrunched up even more.

"How do you know that?" He asks. Daisy looks at him, her eyes watery and her vision going blurry.

"Mom told me," her voice cracks. "Her and dad weren't shy about you. They told me everything they could."

"What do you mean, mom and dad? Are you-?" Daisy is nodding before Luke can finish.

"Yeah, I am. Twenty-Two years younger, they weren't expecting me," Daisy says.

"You're actually my sister?"

"Yeah."