B-Side: Born This Way

A/N Happy Pride Month beautiful people! Here's a super short headcanon-y bonus chapter I like to call "Alex gets his first flag." This is based on what is canon in MY story as well as my own headcanon for the JATP characters, it is 100% okay if you disagree with my view of this. I'd love to hear your own headcanons on what you think the JATP characters' sexualities might be! I got my information about the flags online, so if they're wrong please let me know. Stay tuned for another Author's note at the end with some news about y next project and a few other things! Happy reading!

Daisy poofs into the garage early in the morning on June 1st. She's holding a large tote bag overflowing with bright, colorful fabric.

"Alright, gather around people gather around," Daisy says, causing Julie and the boys to look over at her. They're all in various positions around the room. Reggie is dangling his legs over the edge of the loft, Julie and Luke are sitting at the piano, and Alex sits next to an oblivious Flynn on the coach.

"What's going on?" Flynn asks Julie when she notices something's caught her attention.

"Just Daisy," Julie says with a shrug.

"That deeply offends me, Jules, truly," Daisy gasps as she places her palm to her chest. "Anyway, guys come here." She drops her bag on the table and begins pulling things out.

"What's all this?" Alex asks her as he's the first to reach her side. Soon the others are gathered around them. Flynn continues to watch Julie in confusion, as she's unable to see the ghosts.

"Flags," Daisy says with a shrug as she hands over two pink, blue, and yellow ones to Julie. "You and Flynn are both pan, right?"

"Yeah, thanks," Julie says while tossing one of the flags to Flynn. "Here, from Daisy."

"Sweet! Thanks, Daisy!" Flynn says with a grin.

"Pan? Like the thing you use to cook?" Reggie asks with his head tilted to the side.

"No, babe," Daisy giggles. "It's a sexual orientation, similar to bi. Speaking of which, I know it's bad to assume but-" Daisy cuts herself off by looking Reggie up and down while handing over one of the purple, blue, and pink flags.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Reggie squeaks.

"Well, I mean, look at you. You scream bisexual, babe," Daisy says. "And that moment a while back between you and Luke? Yeah, that was a 100% BiPanic reaction."

"Daisy!" Luke hisses through clenched teeth.

"What?" Daisy asks. "Don't tell me you haven't told her yet?"

"Told who what?" Julie cuts in. Daisy and the boys all share a wide-eyed look.

"Okay, Jules don't freak. But you remember when we were dealing with all that Caleb business and the band had just gotten together?" The girl nods. "We were practicing before the backyard show and teasing Luke about his chemistry on stage with you. And there was a small moment between Luke and Reggie when Luke was trying to prove he has chemistry with everyone. It's no big deal," Alex explains.

"Oh, okay." Everyone releases a sigh as Julie shrugs.

"Great, so Luke," Daisy changes the subject. "Again, I know it's wrong to assume but I've seen the songs you wrote about Alex back in the day and- What? Oh no, was that a secret too? Sorry." Daisy gives a sheepish smile at Luke's wide-eyed glare. She slowly stretches her arm out holding another bi flag as a peace offering.

"How do you even know they're about Alex?" Luke asks.

"Alex told me? Was he not supposed to?" Luke sighs at his sister's answer.

"If it makes you feel better, I already knew too," Julie admits while holding up a hand.

"What?" Flynn asks, trying to stay in the loop.

"About Luke and Alex."

"Oh, yeah."

"Flynn knows too?" Luke nearly shouts.

"Chill brother, it's cool," Daisy says. "We all thought it was common knowledge you weren't straight. You don't exactly hide it well, and I saw all the 'Luke <3' with random masculine and feminine names all over your school books." Luke lets out a rather pathetic whine at the news.

"What are those two flags?" Alex asks, pointing to the rainbow and blue flags.

"Oh, yeah. I didn't know which one you'd prefer. This one's the standard pride flag, and this one's the gay pride flag. I've also got the Achillean and the progress pride flag in here," Daisy says. She pulls out the progress flag which features the 6 color rainbow as well as the trans colors, black, and brown stripes.

"What's the difference?" Alex asks.

"Well, the standard and progress flags represent the whole community and the gay flag represents gay. Then there's the Achillean flag which represents men or men-aligned people loving men or men-aligned people. It's really just all up to preference though," Daisy explains.

"That's really cool," Alex smiles while he takes the Achillean flag. He holds it carefully in his hands with a soft smile.

A/N Hello again! Thank you so much for 14k reads on RIOT! I never would have thought people would actually enjoy my story, but I'm so glad you do. On the topic of reads, I'd love it if you went and checked out my BeckxOC story called STAGE LIGHTS (which has just surpassed 6k reads) if you haven't already! And please go check my profile for the post I just made regarding my future projects and give me your feedback, I want to hear from my readers! Thank you again, with much love, 

Lore