Track 12: Edge of Great

A/N this chapter is both the cutest and funniest I've ever written. I genuinely cried while laughing as I wrote this, and squealed at all the cute parts. Hope you enjoy!

Other songs mentioned in this chapter:
Pierre by Ryn Weaver

And then I found me a lover who could play the bass
He's kinda quiet, but his body ain't
Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake
Doin' things we know we shouldn't do
'Cause I wouldn't be with you

Daisy sits on the couch in Julie's garage, her legs crossed as she has her guitar resting on them. Her songbook is sat on the cushion beside her while she taps her pencil on her lips absentmindedly. She's alone, Julie in bed and the boys having gone out to do whatever.

Alone is when Daisy gets most of her inspiration, and for the last few days, she's had lyrics swimming in her head. She's been busy though, helping the boys and Julie, so she hadn't been able to get them down.

"What ya doing?" Reggie poofs into the room. Daisy lets out a shocked scream, rushing to close her book before he can see what's written. However, he sees what she's trying to do and snatches the book away faster.

"Ooh. You're writing a song?" He says. Daisy tries to grab the book back but only ends up falling into his lap when he yanks it away again. "What's it about?" Reggie reads what she has written so far.

"It's nothing," Daisy rushes out. "Just something I'm playing around with."

"Really now?" Reggie hums. "Well, what's this. I found me a lover who could play the..." He trails off. Daisy begins to panic, assuming the worst.

"Like I said, it's nothing." She reaches to grab the book again, except this time he just tosses it on the table before she can. He doesn't waste any more time as he places his hands on her cheeks. Their lips meet and Daisy gasps in surprise. Neither of the dead teens hears the sound of more appearing.

"Look what we have here," Alex's voice sounds through the room. The two ghosts spring apart and look towards the loft where Alex hangs his feet. He has a teasing grin on his face.

"Whatever you do," Daisy starts. "You can not tell Luke."

"Can't tell me what?" Daisy yelps as her brother's voice sounds from the door.

"What is it with you guys scaring me today?" Daisy complains.

"Don't change the subject. What can't Alex tell me?" Luke says, his eyebrows scrunched together and a small pout on his face.

"It's," Daisy starts to explain.

"I kissed her," Reggie blurts out. Daisy's eyes go wide as she reaches to slap Reggie in the arm.

"What the heck Reggie!" Alex laughs from his place in the loft as an amused smile spreads across Luke's face.

"Oh, that?" Luke shrugs. "Yeah, I say that." Daisy crashes backward on the couch with a groan, she throws her arms over her eyes as her cheeks glow. All three boys chuckle, and Reggie reaches to grab her hands.

"Come on, sit up," He says, pulling the girl up and over to his side.

"You wanna hear what Reggie did?" Luke asks in an attempt to break the silence.

"What did you do?" Daisy turns to Reggie who gives a sheepish grin.

"A couple nights ago, before Julie got home we were sitting in the living room, right?" Luke starts to explain. "And Carlos was in there using a new app he found to find ghosts, but their Tia kept telling him ghosts don't exist."