Rest- Kim Namjoon

“Honey?” You knocked three times before slowly opening the door to his studio. “Joon? You good baby? I haven’t seen you for a few hours.” You say walking in fully and seeing Joon’s back to you. You shut the door behind you before making your way to him and resting your hands on his broad back. Soothingly running them up and down. “Not quite finished yet. I just can’t think of the proper lyrics.” He murmured. His eyes and head still down on the note pad below him. “Come on and eat honey. I know they’ll come to you sooner or later my musical genius.” He finally looked up at you with tired eyes and a soft, dimple filled smile. “Geniuses don’t struggle the way I do.”

After a delicious meal and sparkling conversation, you were both on the couch together watching a random movie you’d chosen. Joon’s arms were wrapped around you as your head was in his chest and your eyes were getting heavy. Before you knew it, you could slowly feel Joon lay you down against the couch and get up in a careful manner. “If you leave me by myself, i’ll start screaming.” You said suddenly, looking right at him. You sat up and waved him over to you. “Come here. Come to me.” He smiled lazily before making his way over to you. You patted your free lap. “Lay here. You need to relax.” Baby Namjoon kicked in and he did not hesitate to lay back down on the couch with his head supported by your lap. You instantly started running your fingers through his hair while lightly smiling at how soft and precious he looked right now. His eyes were closed with his mouth just slightly parted as he enjoyed the feel of your fingers running against his scalp. “You’ve been stressed baby boy, I know it. You won’t say it out loud to me for whatever reason but I know you’ve been stressed out. Please talk to me.” You said gently to him. His eyes suddenly opened and they sparkled once they met yours. “Okay baby,” He said with his deep rumbling voice. The night continued on with Namjoon talking to you about all his stresses, personal and work related, while you ran your fingers through his head and gave him small little temple massages every now and then. Namjoon to this day, can’t figure out how he got someone like you to stay in his life.