taehyung

You sighed, piping yet another orange flower on top of a three-tear cake.

"Why did I agree to work late," you grumbled, wiping some icing onto your already dirty apron.

You were alone in your family owned bakery. It was nearly pushing midnight, but you desperately wanted to finish the project you started. Your complaining was unexpectedly cut off by the sound of the back door slamming shut. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Dad," you called out, taking off your apron and headed towards the back of the bakery, "I thought you left already."

Once rounding the corner, you saw no one. No shadows. No figures. And most importantly, your father was no where in sight. You shrugged, spinning around to head back to the kitchen, but you felt a pair of arms wrap around you body. You went to let out a shriek of terror, but a cloth was placed over your mouth. Without thinking, you breathed in, inhaling whatever disgusting chemical was sprayed onto the fabric. You tried rip the man's hand off your mouth, but it was too late. Darkness already closed in on the world around you.

* * *

After some time, your eyes fluttered opened, you slowly sat up, looking around to observe your surroundings. You were in a dimly lit room, sitting on a dirt floor. From what you could tell, the room was entirely empty, aside from you.

The door opened a few moments and in walked 3 men. The closed the door behind them then stalked up to your figure, surround you.

"Good morning, darling. Sleep well?"

Your brows furrowed once again in confusion, "Who are you?"

The man chuckled, cocking his head to the side, "Come on, are you really going to pretend that you don't know me?"

"I don't have to pretend. I have no clue who you are," you bluntly replied.

The man crouched down in front of you, "How about I jog your memory, hm? I'm Kim Taehyung."

You blinked, feeling utterly lost. Are you suppose to know who this man is?

"Yeah, that name doesn't ring a bell, sorry buddy."

You went to stand up from the floor, but one of the men to your side pushed your body back down.

"That's fine if you forgot me, but I haven't forgotten about you or your father. He stole a lot of drugs from me, princess. And in return, I stole you, his daughter. If he wants you back, he is going to have to pay me double of what he cost me."

You paused, blankly staring at the man in front of you. Seconds ticked by and all you could manage to do was blink.

"What?" You finally spoke, trying to understand the mess, the man named Taehyung, had just explained.

Taehyung chuckled, standing back up, "Your father stole and sold over $500,000 of my drugs, sweetheart."

"My dad is a baker," you deadpanned, "I am not the daughter of some drug lord. In fact, I was in the middle of decorating a cake when your buddies showed up to bring me here."

Taehyung stood in silence for bit, his expression turning stoic. From what you believed, he was contemplating whether or not your statement was true.

Although Taehyung didn't know much about his rival's daughter, he did know she had a tattoo of a raven on her upper left thigh.

Taehyung's deep voice abruptly broke the awkward silence which filled the room, "Hold her leg still."

His men obliged, one gripped your ankles while the other held your wrists. Taehyung crouched back down, pulling out a knife from his back pocket.

"Whoa," you panicked, "I'm telling the truth! There is even a glob of butter cream stuck in my hair if you don't believe me!"

He ignored your alarmed rambling and proceeded to cut a hole in the fabric of your jeans. He observed the blank flesh. It was completely free of any ink.

Taehyung slowly turned towards his subordinates, a dark expression forming on his features.

"Tell me, where did you find this girl?"

His voice was terrifyingly calm, so calm that it send rounds of shivers down your spine.

"I-.." one of the men stammered, "We found her at a bakery."

Taehyung nodded his head, "At a bakery .. Now, why would Mr. Park's daughter be working at a bakery?"

The men glanced at each other, unable to come up with an answer to Taehyung's question. Dangerous tension replaced the once awkward atmosphere in the room.

"I want you to go find Park's actual daughter, do you understand me?"

The two men nodded their heads vigorously, then dashed out of the room, leaving you and the deranged drug dealer alone.

"Do.. Do you want some cake?" you asked, breaking the silence, uncertain what to do in this situation. But you wanted to make sure you can make it out in one piece.

Taehyung looked down at your tense figure and let out a small chuckle.

"Cake? What kind of cake," he cocked his head to the side.

"Well," you started, "I just baked some vanilla today, but we do have chocolate if you'd prefer that.."

Taehyung smiled, leaning down and grabbed your hand, hoisting you off of the dirt covered ground.

"Well, let's go get some cake, Miss ..?" he paused, waiting to hear what your true identity is.

"Y/n," you replied, taking your hand away from his, "My name is Y/n."

"Alright, lead the way, Miss Y/n."

• •