JAY

"y/n, concentrate"
jay sighed for the nth time at you who was constantly getting distracted while he was teaching you. "you missed many classes, please let me help in peace here so we can finish fast" he turned to the next page of the book in his hand and adjusted his glasses.

defeated, you pull yourself together and look into your book once again. you couldn't help but stare at your handsome best friend religiously marking all the important points and explaining them to you. he was your distraction.

"what's your deal?" jay scoffed and ruffled your hair. "are you still sick?"

you shook your head and looked back into your book, without saying a word. yet again your eyes fell upon your friend's face, who's hair was sophisticatedly swept back and eyes glued to the pages of your assignment.

"keep looking at me like that and i might have to kiss you."

"w-what-" you stuttered after hearing those words come from your friend, who kept the papers away and looked at you. "don't joke around, jay."

you rolled your eyes and looked away, but your heart was still beating madly in your chest from what your ears heard him say. he was yet still busy scribbling in your textbook, highlighting and writing explanatory notes here and there.

"don't roll your eyes at me."

he kept the sheets on the table, and turned to face you. "let's get it straight. what's bothering you?"

"jay-"

"answer me."

"y-you"

"i knew it-" he scooted closer to where you sat, his eyes staring your way. "what exactly about me?"

"everything."

you couldn't hold back anymore. you had tried your best to hide your huge crush on him ever since you met for the fear of losing his trust and friendship. but now, not anymore. you had to confess everything.

"i like you, jay. i really do-"

the very moment fell into thick silence. you didn't know what was about to happen when a swift breeze blew past you, and jay leaned in and closed the gap between the two of you. your heart couldn't contain itself in your chest as he softly leaned you against the way and locked you between his arms, his lips never once leaving yours.

short electric impulses ran down your torso when his fingers softly grazed on your skin, cradling your face in his palms. he nuzzled his nose into yours, his eyes shining for he came to know his crush wasn't one sided.

"you could've just told me, airhead. you're such an attention seeker i swear."