Seonghwa

Another year, another number changed on his age. Despite that change, Yunho would always remain a child at heart, getting excited and wide-eyed at the birthday cake you'd always bake him. But for the past couple of years, there's been a twist, he was able to drink legally. Since then, parties and gatherings were always wild, bringing a new meaning to the word 'celebration'.

You'd do anything for your best friend, and he'd do anything for you. Yunho was there for you since you could remember, he was the first to show up with a band aid when you fell off your bike or when you tripped over the rock chasing him around his house. It was an unbreakable bond, everyone knew it, they could see it, how close the two of you are.

"One time for the birthday bitch- Ow! What was that for?" Mingi shot Yunho a hurtful look as he rubbed his arm from Yunho's warning punch.

"Call me a bitch one more time and let's see where that leads you," he was obviously kidding, who in their right mind would ever dare to harm Mingi? All he does is just vibe in his own little world, smiling at every living thing.

This year, it was a whole lot more different compared to his usual birthday bashes. The girls, the beer kegs, the rave lights, the party animals? Not a single one in sight. Yunho thought it was time for a change in the annual scenery, it definitely let the both of you breathe a little bit more.

To be honest, it felt quite unusual without the booming music and sweaty bodies sexually grinding against one another. Not that you were complaining, it was a relief not to witness any more wild scenes.

Last time, San had to get stitches on his head as a result of slipping off the diving board. And Mingi? Let's spare the details and just say his chest was in pain from a Hennessy-drunk-Wooyoung trying to vacuum his 'tiddies'. Don't ask how he managed to secure a vacuum in the first place.

"Happy birthday, shithead," was the first thing you say to him, pulling yourself onto one of the kitchen stools as you watch him gulp down a cup of whatever mix of alcohol he had swirling in there.

"Thank you, shithead, want a drink?" Yunho always offered you drinks whenever he had the chance, getting you drunk was always his favorite thing to do. Why? It was so he could freely express his feelings for you without the fear of you remembering it the next day.

How did you know that? Yunho had once underestimated your drinking ability. It was quite a night to remember when Yunho mistook your fuller cup of alcohol for his, making him spew out the most cooing confession you've ever heard.

It honestly didn't come as a surprise. One of you was doomed to fall for the other, he just happened to be the first.

"No thanks, we're keeping it calm this time, remember?"

"Right, right. Calm."

Several of his friends had been invited to Yunho's little birthday gathering. They had just been as confused as you were when you were told there was no big party this year. But, of course, none of them questioned the birthday boy of his intentions.

You've familiarized yourself with their faces around campus, but San and Wooyoung were the only two you've actually brought yourself to talk to beside Mingi occasionally. The two were tight-knit, maybe even more so than Yunho and yourself. A pair who wreak chaos and havoc everywhere they go. No one could ever forget the time Wooyoung walked the walk of shame with nothing but a pizza box covering his lower region and San's beanie on his head.

"You never told me what's with the sudden change," no one had really asked Yunho, maybe that's what he liked about them, the suppressed urge to ask a million questions. "No girls accepted your party invites? Shocking."