chapter nine

I woke up the next morning replaying the night before over and over in my head. I found myself falling for Eli even harder, not knowing that was even possible. My heart felt the most content it ever has, even if it was cheesy to think - I didn't care.

Eli's words kept a rotation throughout my head, "don't doubt yourself." All I wanted was for Eli to feel the same as I felt for him, falling and head over heels. The feelings inside me haven't been there since Danny, it was strange to have the same urges once again. Even though Eli assured me he wanted this, I couldn't help but continuously ask myself if he was truly falling for me - falling in love. I still couldn't believe that the word had reentered my mind.

It was crazy to think about, and I was more than well aware. We practically just met, but I couldn't describe how it all felt. All I could think was that it felt real.

Some people say I love you after a week of knowing one another, some even move in after two months of dating, and for me, the thought of falling in love with Eli wasn't so farfetched for me to think.

After the movie, we spent an hour driving around and listening to music in Eli's jeep. Hearing him sing again captivated me even more, even if he was just humming to the melody. The opportunity presented itself again to tell Eli about Danny, yet I avoided it once more. It was a new day, and I planned on resolving the issues with Danny today rather than wait for an explosion.

I texted him last night asking to meet him at the library once I get off work, hoping a public place will entice me to keep things level headed. I hadn't been alone with Danny since I broke things off, for good reasons. Whatever Danny wanted to say to me was finally going to be put to rest today. I still had no true desire to speak to him, I had moved on from us completely - or at least I believe I have. I already know that in my mind this would be the last Danny and I reopened our basket case. If I was going to see him at school now, I want to discuss anything but what the two of us used to be.

As for Louise, we briefly discussed the contents of our argument when I returned to the dorm last night. I was exhausted and so was she, so it was a measly conversation of a few "I'm sorry's" and then it was off to bed. I wasn't trying to stay hung up on it, secretly hoping the situation would vanish on its own with the two of us back to our normal friendship by the next week.

Luckily for me, on top of thinking about Eli, Danny and Louise, I woke up with a struck of inspiration - somehow. I felt the strong urge to make my way to my laptop and attempt beginning my short story. I couldn't quite pinpoint how the inspiration came to me, but I knew somehow there was something in me, even if I had yet to know what it was.

I decided to head to the student commons and try to get in some work before my morning class and shift later today. On a day like today, I was extra thankful to finally have found the means to begin my assignment.

I began shifting throughout my head of all my favorite, classic storylines I've ever read. I hated to admit it, but I seemed to gravitate towards romance the most, deciding it was best to write something along those lines. I hoped that inspiration would strike and I'd be able to create something half as good as the one's I've loved.

When thinking about it, Little Women is a romance, yet it's about women empowerment and about the protagonist finding herself. Although I adored the concept, hence why I kept it in my purse at all times, I don't think I was capable of writing anything to that sort of degree just yet in my life. But classic romance, even with only ever having one relationship, it was easy to pretend and make up. Not to mention I've seen it on a screen like a billion times.

After about an hour of brainstorming, I came up with some sort of concept. I let my fingers type away at what every I was creating in my mind, leaving it on the page no matter how poorly it may be written.