chapter two

West Percclare's Dating University focuses solely on the characteristics, interests, and integrity of each student. 

Within our dating pool, please restrain from giving out personal information, such as your name, until both parties have agreed to meet and or share such information.

Pictures of students will not be shared to further WPDU's mission to know each personality before physical features.

Not having to include photos of myself did take off some of the pressure. Although, I still thought it was a little weird.

Please create a username.

First and last names will not be accepted.

Great. A username. I had to think of something that wasn't going to be embarrassing or too boring. If I'm going to download this thing, the last thing I'm going to do is make a fool of myself.

After one minute of brainstorming and an online generator, I entered in readawhile27. My favorite hobby and number mixed into one.

The following page brought me to a list of questions, all ranging from basic information to personal interests.

What year are you?: Freshman

What is your age?: 18

What is your major?: English

What residence hall do you live in?: Meyers

I began filling in the easier questions, the one's where I didn't have to put in much thought. But there were only a few of those - the next ones ranged from "What are you looking for in a partner?" and "What pushes you to do better?"

"What pushes you to do better?" Better in what? School? Relationships? Life in general? What did this question even mean?

I skipped around and went to the personal questions I knew I could answer.

What is your favorite past time?: Reading or writing. Mostly reading.

What is your favorite kind of music?: Jazz.

If you could travel to one place in the world, where would you go?: London. That's where all the greatest novels are written.

What is your ideal date?:

What was my ideal date? I hadn't even been on a date since Danny.

Although, my best memories with him seemed to be the times we talked with one another. And I mean just sitting down, staring back at one another, and just talking - about life, school, or anything. Something about just having a conversation with someone was what I liked the most.

Maybe that's my ideal time to spend with someone?

Although, I've rarely had any one on one conversation with someone I haven't known my entire childhood, especially in a date setting. There is no way I'm gonna be able to follow through with meeting someone. Yet, to meet someone means I'd have to get at least one match. Was anyone going to even like me on this thing? It's not like they can see what I look like.