Drowned Treasure

Three minutes and forty two seconds.

That's how long Alex can hold his breathe for. He's been practising.

Why?

Simple. He's looking for treasure.

From what him and Mateo could tell, it was about Summer time for them. Probably about late June early July. Perfect weather for swimming and skinny dipping.

Though as Alex put it, it's not as fun running around naked when their is no one to see you naked.

Due to the weather they had been visiting the Lagoon, where they had first met, more frequently. The water was perfect, there was shelter if it ended up raining. Not to mention the natural jacuzzi.

On one of Mateo's mapping hikes, he had realised that as far as he could tell the island had three peaks.

Peak one, is what they called the Shield. As it was the one that 'shielded' the village from the rest of the island. This was the one they lived on.

Peak two, was named Asgard. Mainly because it was the tallest. So tall they still were pretty sure the top breached the cloud layer. They'd never reached the top though.

Peak three, they dubbed the Dauntless. Mainly because they'd never been there. To get to it you first had to cross the coral reef. Which was heavily populated by sharks. Alex put a firm no to that one. The only thing they knew for sure was it was possibly a dormant volcano.

This is where Mateo speculates the hot springs are from. He thinks there are underground networks of lava, and some of these coincide with underwater rivers. Hence causing the hot springs.

Alex wasn't as pleased as Mateo with this news. The idea of living next to a possible Volcano wasn't very inviting. But Mateo assured him it was 95% likely to be dormant.

Alex doesn't believe him. Not till they get proof.

"You'd have proof if you let me swim over." Mateo said as he laid out on the smooth stone floor, soaking in the midday sun.

Alex scoffs. "Let's see... let my boyfriend. And the only other person on this island, first off swim through shark infected waters. And then hoping Bruce isn't peckish, let him go explore a possible Volcano, that may or may not be dormant?"

"Exactamente."

Alex shoves him. "No! You are not doing it. End of."

Mateo mumbles some pretty descriptive words in Spanish under his breath. "Fine. But when it explodes and kills us, don't say I didn't tell you so."

Alex pauses. "Well. With that dark and gruesome image in my head.... I'm gonna go for a swim."

Mateo sighs and smiles. He leans down and kisses his lover on the lips, moaning as he leans in more, stroking his cheek. "Ok...." he smirks as he stares at him for a second. Stroking the blonde hair. "I'm gonna head home. I've got some DIY to get to. Don't stay out to late ok?"

Alex smiles. "I know. I'll come home before dark. Promise. Don't work to hard."

Mateo kisses his forehead as he stands up, grabbing his towel. "Don't worry Bebé, you know me." He picks up his stuff and waves as he makes his way down the makeshift path they had formed.

Alex sighs, as he stands up, removing his tank top. He then began to climb up some large rocks, making his way to an one that overhung the lagoon below.

He then swan dives into the water. His impact with the water barely causes ripples let alone a splash. He then surfaces, shaking the water from his eyes.