Chapter Sixteen

*Sorry but this chapter is going to jump around alot. If anything is to confusing let me know and I'll try to fix it. Thanks!*

"You look terrible."

Valka clutched her head as she tried to sit up in the bed. She couldn't remember how many days it had been, only that she had asked Dazar more than enough times. She took the cup that was offered to her and slowly drank. She was incredibly thirsty, but her throat was so swollen she'd choke at any faster rate.

"Not to push you or anything, but your elf friend in the other room is threatening to barge in here if you don't talk to her soon."

Valka held the water in her mouth, while trying to remember the elf that Dazar was talking about. Elf, elf, elf, what elf....oh.

"Yeah," her voice croaked and she had to take a minute to sip more water before she could speak again. "Let her-"

Dazar stopped her before she needed to speak anymore. "I'll let the guards know." as she started to leave, she took the pitcher and gestured to it by lifting the pitcher in the air. "I'll get some more water."

Valka nodded as the door was propped closed, and tried to rub her head to reduce the headache, while constantly blinking to push the smoke out of her eyes. She took another slow sip of water while staring out the window.

It was an avid scene just from here, flowers of all types grew in the palace gardens, while children played hide-and-seek between the hedges of rocks. Because of this, Valka would often find herself startled when seeing a cactus planted on her windowsill, and she had to remind herself this was a desert land rather than a tropical paradise.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock followed by a guard entering her room. "Lady Valka, Lieutenant Dazar said you wanted to see the elf?"

She nodded.

The guard inhaled sharply, not needing to voice his strong objections. "Let it in." Another guard pushed the elf into the room. "I'll check in, in five minutes." He stepped out and closed the door.

"That guard's an idiot." Kaeytlyn shook her head. "Telling us the exact time only gives me a perfect deadline to kill you."

"What do you-" Valka forced another couple sips of water down. "Want?"

Her eyebrows perked. "I just said I had the perfect amount of time to kill you."

"You wou-" she coughed harshly, but instead of speaking she just grabbed a pad of parchment and quill from the side table. You wouldn't still be in their hands if you wanted to kill me.

Kaeytlyn looked at the parchment and smirked. "I'll give you some credit, Creseldek. I'm not here to kill you, today. There's a greater problem we need you to fix."

She reached for the parchment and quickly scratched down, I'm not going back to Moonlire.

"Yes you are."

Valka glared at her and pointed to herself before drawing a very clear line across her throat.

Kaeytlyn swallowed harshly and fiddled with her fingers. "It's-It's difficult to..." she paused, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. "It's difficult to explain." Valka gestured for her to continue. She looked around the room, trying to gather her thoughts, but then lit up, as if a light bulb appeared above her head. Shifting the bulky chains that encircled her tiny wrists, she reached into her shirt and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. She quickly straightened it against her leg and started to read from it. "They reached the Dracones Valley, Moonlire is gone, Nikolai is set on dying, someone's dead, everyone is injured, and firegirl can't see. Oh and, do not kill Creseldek, don't kill Creseldek, don't kill Creseldek, don't kill Creseldek, don't kill Creseldek."