Chapter Eighteen - Peace

*Image Above is Sneak Peek/Spoilers for Pt.2 of the Finale & Last chapter of TITLT!*

Bemila was grateful for the excuse to look through the cabinets in the connecting bathroom, as it would hide the clear embarrassment on her face. And this is why I don't leave you alone. He had spoken to her like a child, and it didn't escape her mind that had this been with anyone else, her reputation would be forever tarnished.

The elf who had carried Queen Nikolai's body removed the knife against her throat then shoved her aside to walk towards the bed. Since then, Nel had only given a few orders on what they needed to find, one of those being blankets and towels. It crossed her mind several times when she found a few thread bare towels at the bottom of a small cabinet under the sink, why the ice queen would need warmth. The elf seemed to have noticed her curiosity as he took the towels from her hands and started to tightly wrap them around the queen's body.

"Queen Nikolai is suffering from severe malnutrition and a few wounds that were not immediately taken care of." Nel explained. "Once we start giving her food and treating her wounds, she could go into shock. The best way to deal with that is making sure she is being compressed."

The elf nodded, then jerked the blanket tight around the queen's body. The aged threads snapped and the blanket tore right down the middle. His mouth sharply moved, like he wanted to curse but no words came out.

"I can fix that for you." Bemila softly offered. The elf gave her an incredulous look but pulled the blanket's remaining pieces out from under the queen and handed it to her. She squeaked and yanked her hand away when their skin touched, it was a stark warm contrast to everything else. "Yes, thank you, I'll just go find...something to sew this with." She nervously laughed then stepped back, running straight into the bedside table.

The elf bent down and threw his satchel onto the bed. A number of supplies were instantly thrown out, including bandages, food, a compass, maps, a ring, and a first aid kit. He snapped the lid open and offered it to her, specially pointing out the needle in thread shoved right beneath the gauze pads.

"Thank you." She took the first aid kit and curtsied. Blush rushed through her cheeks and she practically sprinted to the chair fortunately located on the other side of the room. Did I just curtsy to him? Oh Mother. Determined to completely forget about the embarrassing event, Bemila pulled out the needle and thread, expertly threading it and began to stitch the blanket. She poured all her focus into making every stitch perfect, so that there was no room for any other thoughts.

Until the subject of Nikolai Daegnrus was brought up.

"We will have to wait until she wakes up." Nel sifted through the bags of food and picked out ones that could easily be consumed. "I doubt there is any medical supplies left, so we can't feed her any solid particles without the risk of her choking."

She set down her work and turned towards them. "Why aren't there any medical supplies?"

He shrugged. "Same reason there isn't anything or anyone left. For whatever reason they left, they'll need money and medical supplies. Neither are easy to come by so you take all that you can carry."

"Oh." She looked around the room. The ceilings and walls were so decorated that she just assumed this was how the room was supposed to be furnished.

"Don't overthink it." Nel teased. "Rogue Moons may be blunt and straight to the point, but they aren't savages."

She nodded, silently hating how she was so closed off from she was from the rest of the world, and that all she had to work with was the twisted legends and cliches. "When will Queen Nikolai wake up?"