Chapter Seven

The group was silent as a skinny, almost bald man stepped onto the deck of the ship. The crew slowly backed away, but Stoick as Chief was forced to stand tall and face the man. Behind him trailed a much greater threat, at least in the eyes of Stoick. His black scaled cloak trailed on the floor behind him, an ugly scar running across his face, sometimes being covered as his dark dreadlocks swayed over it. When he saw Stoick, a face of resentment crossed his face.

"I watched you burn!" he scowled, but the skinny man quickly shushed him.

"Hush Drago, the boy is exactly where we want him." he said.

"My son and granddaughter were captured by the beasts!" Stoick said, but the skinny man nodded in agreement.

"Yes, they were. And now they are heading to exactly where I need them."

"You need them?"

"For the good of both of us." he gave a small bow, and some of his soldiers brought over a small table and poured goblets of rich wine for the leaders. "I shall explain all, however first let me introduce myself. My name is Grimmel. I am here to negotiate."

Stoick's face twisted into an ugly glare. "What do you want."

Grimmel's face slid into a smile, that gave an eerie crawl up their spines. "It's simple. Upon request, Drago's ships attacked the Defenders of the Wing island, allowing you to escape with your boy. The spell that Ingrid had, I gave her."

"It didn't work." Stoick snapped.

Ingrid however sat down beside him and argued otherwise. "It did. However the boy you trained years ago has his powers again. He was able to break the spell."

Grimmel's eyes widened with interest, and he glanced into his empty goblet before leaning back a little and rubbing his pointed chin. "Did he now? Now this is interesting. It seems that my nephew has regained his rather unusual ability. I was indeed wondering on how they were planning on opening the portal in the first place, but now it makes sense."

"This changes the original plan though."

"It does indeed. However, I think this will work to our advantage."

Stoick suddenly stood up and pounded his fist onto the makeshift table, knocking over his goblet and spilling the luxurious wine of the deck. "Will anyone tell me what is happening here? I am the chief of Berk, I demand to know what is happening."

Grimmel poured another goblet of wine for both him and Stoick. "Relax great Chief Stoick. As I said before, the plan is simple. I had Drago attack the Defenders of the Wing Island to send you and your son back to Berk. This would force the Dragon Riders and their leaders to chase after you, leaving the Wing defenseless. They would see a fraction of Drago's armada and begin looking for extra support. Knowing the origins of two specific leaders in the group, they are now heading to Berk, to find their greatest ally."

Spikelout laughed. "They tried to kill us, and locked us in their cells. They will find no alliance with us!"

Grimmel seemed to have suddenly become agitated by Spikelout's interruption, and snapped his fingers. One of the Death Grippers that was patrolling around the leaders' council, lunged at Spikelout, shooting his venomous fangs out for him to admire in fright. "That man of yours is quite annoying." he muttered, taking a sip out of his goblet and resting it on his thigh as he continued. "They are not looking for an alliance, they are looking for a portal."

"Portal?" Stoick asked, cautiously eyeing the Death Grippers.

"Yes Chief, portal, to the magical world. There they will attempt to find the Father Dracones-"