Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Hiccup rubbed his shoulders, which were sore from laying on the wooden belly of a ship for several days. All the contact he had in the course of the past week, was his father coming down to the cell to sloppily come up with an excuse as to why he was in the accommodations, and the constant company of the guard, Spikelout. So along with Spikelout's naturally annoying personality, and smugness that Hiccup could feel without Spikelout having even to mention it, of how the heir of Berk was locked in a cell, the the second in line was not, mixed with Zephyr's boredom, it was almost as bad as not getting the answers he desperately needed. More precisely why it was taking the rest of the Dragon Riders and the Defenders of the Wing several days to find him.

"Are we there yet?" Zephyr repeated, swinging on one of the beams above. On the other side of the bars, Spikelout's muscles tensed, and Hiccup heard a loud breath being let out.

"Zephyr." he whispered, catching her attention. Hiccup silently pointed at Spikelout's back, then stuck his thumbs in his ears and twisted his hands with his tongue stuck out, then pointed back at Spikelout. Her eyes seemed to light up as if Snoggletogg had arrived early this year, and suddenly started shouting at the top of her lungs, a horribly out-of-tune song, while swinging so hard that her feet were banging on the wooden ceiling.

Hiccup was wise enough to remember the moss earplugs he kept stored in one of his many pockets, and was lucky enough to shove those into his ears and avoid the reign of annoyance Zephyr was bringing. Spikelout however wasn't as fortunate, having his hands clamped over his ears in attempts to block out the absurb noise.

Zephyr jumped down from the pull and skipped around a couple of times, completing her song, and proceeding to her next form of torchure. "OhthisissoboringI'deventaketoplayingwithLeerirthangoingthroughthishe'smycousinkindanotreallyhe'sactuallymygodbrotherdoyouhaveagodbrothercauseIdoandhe'sreallyannoyingmostofthetimeandalwaysgetsfurallovermethenmymomgetsereallymadatmeandmakesmetakeabathwhenIdon'twannadon'tyouhatebaths..."

Spiklout had enough of it and jumped to his feet. "You inhumanely annoying creature!"

Zephyr smirked, knowing that her plan was succeeding, and as she continued her rapid rambles, she started to climb the bars on the door. "Youknowstressisbadforyougivesyouheadachesatleastthat'swhatUncleTuffnutsaidhaveyoueverhadhismassagesbeforetheyareawesome. YouknowwhereIlearnedtoclimbitwasmyAuntieNikishe'sanelfsoyoudon'tlikeherandarescaredofherwhichmakessensecauseshe'sanassassinyoushouldbescared..."

Spikelout growled, slamming the side of an axe against the cage door. Zephyr stumbled a little on her words, but the momentary delay gave her a chance to catch her breath and begin another abnormally long ramble about anything that literally popped into her head. Knowing it was pointless to stop her now, he looked at Hiccup who shrugged and pretended to look annoyed, before storming out of the hull.

Hiccup let Zephyr's commotion last a little longer, ensuring Spikelout wouldn't come storming back in after changing his mind about being a coward, but when he didn't, Hiccup tapped Zephyr and placed a finger against his lips. When he saw that her mouth was closed, he removed the moss and placed it back into his pocket.

"That was amazing."

"Auntie Ruff taught me all the ways on how to annoy people like you and guards."

Hiccup shook his head. "Well, at least you listen to some people." he then pulled out two strands of wires and started to pick at the lock, waiting for the click.

"There it is!" Zephyr cried when she heard the click, then immediately brought it down to a whisper after he shushed her.

The door made a dull creak as Hiccup pushed it open, then quickly ran to the end of the hallway, where a chest held his 'Inferno'.