Chapter Eight

She was a fearsome sight to behold. With eyes darker than the pits of hell, dark mist with purple sparks shot out from her hands. Her hair was half deep purple, while the other was a striking white, however unlike Niki's pale hair, her's seemed dead of age, rather than naturality. Two wolves made of mist hugged her ankles, ready to pounce upon the Dragon Riders. Their teeth were barred, their shoulders hunched.

"Auk einrichtsver snekreis schyristzen!" A man dressed in thick furs held up his crossbow to them. "Tarn einrichstver chedzekreis! Razreis auk einrichstver karft!" The others, dressed in similar piles of clothing, pulled out their weapons and set their aim upon the Dragon Riders.

"Um, English?" Fishlegs suggested, but his voice was so high that it cracked halfway through and not even those who spoke the language could understand what he had actually said.

The woman with the misting wolves walked towards them. "Tarn einrichstver chedzekreis."

"Do as she says." Viggo told the group.

"I would if I knew what they were saying!" Snotlout hissed at Viggo.

"She's asking you to lay down your weapons, and stand on your knees with your hands on your head." he quickly translated. The Dragon Riders gently laid down their weapons and did as they were told.

The guards relaxed a few muscles, appreciating their new prisoners' willingness to cooperate, something that came as a surprise to them. "Einrichts phobnar testrea ketzren ze quetzen karlentreq."

As the woman spoke, Viggo translated. "You will follow us to our camp."

"Jnak nep phobnar frauge einrichts."

"There we will question you."

"Well I hope it's not far." Tuffnut replied. "All that portal jumping made me a little tired."

"You don't say." Eret rolled his eyes.

Hiccup looked back at Viggo. "Ask them about our dragons. Tell them that they won't hurt them, and we won't use them to escape."

He nodded at Hiccup, then started to stand up, but the guards shoved their weapons towards him, making him sit back down on his knees. The woman however raised her hand at the guards. "Einrichts antadreka berka einrichtsver draigonreis tezan einrichtsver spinezelral. (You say that your dragons are your friends.)"

"Fermischa, einrichtsver tezan starze. (More, they are family.)"

The woman narrowed her eyes slightly, and looked up the Dragon Riders' faces, then at the dragons. "Zeky tezan delka zeren zet Dreikier Draigon. (They are smaller than the Father Dracones."

"Nazecaurse, zeky pekelanotz cashia consuzek lekare terz zrenla, ant consuzek zos zet bepajara. Varz tluz mk iconak, zet Dreikier Draigon rezamen zek bepajara. (Naturally, they don't have magic inside of them, and magic is the world. So in a way, the Father Dracones controls the world.)"

Immediately the woman's eyes tore away from the dragons, and were wide with shock as she stared at Viggo. It was alarming how fast she marched over to him, with her wolves following, baring their teeth at whoever would notice. They circled around Viggo, as the woman continued to stare at Viggo, studying his face. "Hinwass pkela einrichts kela berka? (Where did you hear that?)"

Viggo gave the woman a small smile, full of compassionate grief. "Einrichts pazar hinwass. (You know where.)"

The woman gulped, her expression softening slightly. She lifted her hand and gently approached his face with it. When Viggo did not protest, she touched the scars daintily, then pressed his eyelid closed with her pointer finger. Under her breath she began to whisper words that no one could understand, not even those who spoke the language. Everyone stared at the two, their eyes shut and foreheads almost touching, until the woman yanked her hands away, and took a large breath of air.