A Long-Awaited Kiss

Hermione had a secret. 

It was something that had been in the back of her mind for a few months now, and yet she hadn't addressed it. However, she thought it was time. She was seventeen, after all, which meant she was finally of age. Now was the time to face any challenge, and tackle any mountain.

Hermione and Draco met, as they usually did, but this time they took a cautious stroll around the grounds. They made sure they were out of sight of any onlookers before sitting on a couple of sun-dazzled rocks. Once they were settled, Hermione was determined to reveal her secret. It might be cheesy, but it meant a lot to her, and Draco was the one who should know.

"I've never particularly sought out the other gender," Hermione told Draco, who was listening attentively as usual, hanging on to every word she had to say. "Males were all the same to me. Most were disgusting."

She allowed herself a little smile and Draco knew she was thinking of Weasley.

"You're different," she remarked, looking up.

Hermione's voice was soft and gentle as she fixed him with a smile.

"I really, really like you, Draco, and it's not just your slivery sleeked hair or your grey eyes specked with blue. You have a certain charm; your wit and, to an extent, your cunning. The way you have, as of late, offered me kindness that no-one else has, and the way you care."

Hermione knew it was a hopelessly romantic speech, but Draco found it endearing.

Her eyes were strangely watery and Draco was drawn to them, pulled by a magnetic, romantic attraction. Their lips were inches away; her breath sweet against his cheek.

"I think I might want to be more than friends," Hermione whispered, and Draco was hypnotised by her beauty.

Hermione stalled for the first time.

"If I went away now, I would regret it forever, because I would be back to the Mudblood Granger, and you would be Malfoy, the Pureblood. I'm not letting prejudice ruin our relationship - it's pride I'm feeling."

Draco loved the literary reference.

"Our relationship will remain as our secret until the ones in the wrong sort themselves out because they are in the wrong."

He spoke for the first time.

"My little rebel," he breathed.

And he kissed her.

*****

A.N. Lollllll the majority of this chapter has been written for 4 years soooo HELLOOOO I'M BACK! The last time I updated this was in 2019, before even a certain global pandemic.

I'm primarily just to finish this but hopefully I'll write a bit of Starting Over 2 and Severus... Reformed 2 as well.

Thank you for reading this so many years later (although I'm sure most original readers probably don't even have Wattpad accounts anymore!) and please comment if you enjoyed it!