Chapter 29

Ran's POV

Shinichi was being true to his word. He consistently send me daily messages on a precise time. Of course I'm happy, but I can't stop thinking he's doing this out of obligation and it's kind of upsetting. True that I might be asking too much, but oh how I miss the old relationship.

Conan is back to our house, or should i say, Shinichi is. I still couldn't believe this myself, the fact that Conan was actually Shinichi all along. And what hurts more was I could be the only person left in the dark about this. Well, my dad shouldn't have known either, but shouldn't I be the first person to know about everything?

Then again, there's a whole Ai-chan in that little world of him. I didn't hate her, of course. As much as I get jealous of her, I couldn't put myself to detest her. For a girl, she's adorable in her own way. The elegant manner and styling, the calmness and confidence, the distant and careful observations she put while helping Shinichi with the case, all of these would make anybody thought she's a brilliant woman.

While here I am, lacking courage to demand any explanation from my own boyfriend. A few years ago, I could just nag and nag until he gave me his snobby look while telling me everything. Yes, everything, it's been a long time since he would told me everything of his daily life.

I miss him.

_________________________________________

The recently opened ice cream shop is sure receiving a lot of customers since the opening day. And there has been a particular group who would drop by after school hour. Today is Sunday and the shop is holding a happy hour event, with a bunch of discounted item on the menu.

The tea coloured hair girl is coming alone today. Wearing a knee length sky blue chiffon dress, elegantly strolling inside the shop which inviting other customers to turn their heads on her. Such a lovely view, even though she's only around nine years old.

"Two scoop, Chocolate flavoured, and nuts on top please", said she to the ice cream lady while successfully performing a delicate and princess like manner, resulting another head turning from more other customers.

"Anything else, little miss?"

"Um... Well, a plain croissant wouldn't be bad. Could you please give me the butter separately?"

"Will do. You can wait in any seat you like, we will deliver the order to you."

"Thank you."

Even after a while, some of the people just couldn't stop looking at her. A few of them wonder how could a nine years old could be so calm, while other few could only stay in awe not knowing how to react. But at least, no one in this room would think about a certain shrinking potion whatsoever.

Until,

"I was surprised this morning when you told me you want to meet here"

Someone who was likely to be the girl's guardian is now sitting across of her.

"Why?"

"Well, I didn't know you knew. But I shouldn't be surprised by your brain, do forgive me, I didn't mean to belittle you"

The couple sitting closest to them were having a discussion between each other in a very low voice. In short, they agreed that the little girl must be the daughter of the person sitting in front of her because they looked alike. And considering the little girl was speaking in a fluent English, the couple ended their conversation with "That's why she has those hair colour".

"I saw you the other day, when I came here after school."

"Ah, the day you left him broken hearted?"