Chapter 3

Author's note

Well, I decided to write on several POVs. I hope I could picture each character well.

So, please comment whether you like it or not.

Thank youuuuu 🥰
Enjoy your reading.

______________________________________

Shinichi's POV

I shouldn't have told her Haibara's real name. Stupid. I was panicking when I almost say the word "Haibara" when she asked the name. Well, I believe Ran would keep them secret. After all, there's never been any Shiho Miyano she knew in her life. Well, there was Haibara's sister, Akemi-san, that Ran has ever encountered. But at that time, Akemi-san used fake name Hirota Masami. So she never heard any Miyano. Next time I should make sure never brought up any story concerning Haibara anymore.

I can't sleep, so I decide to look outside through the window. Professor Agasha's house is in my view right now. Is she asleep already? When I place my palm on her forehead this afternoon, she got a high fever and she's sweating a lot. And I recall she felt hurt on her wrist when I dragged her out of the lab. She felt hurt at my normal grip. Something is on. What is it Haibara?

I can't put my mind at ease so I decided to check on her. I lazily greet my father who is still awake, working on something, his novel maybe?

"I'm going out for a moment, Dad. Be right back soon"

"Son? Where to? At this hour"

"Agasa's"

I shut the front door behind me, and hurriedly walk to Professor Agasa's front door. I ring the bell impatiently and brought the Professor to ultimate confusion.

"Shinichi? What's the matter? Is something happen? Why are you here at this hour? It's already passed midnight" asked Professor panicking. Maybe he thought that this is something to do with the organization.

"Haibara. Is she asleep yet? How is she? Something's wrong with her right, professor?" I asked while barged in to the house, leaving the Professor hanging in the front door.

"Ai-kun? Ah, I think she's already asleep. What is it, shinichi? Is it the organization?"

"No, we haven't hear anything about the organization yet. But something's bothering me. It's about Haibara. She's hiding something and I feel like she's rushing to finish the antidote"

"Is that so? What should we do, Shinichi?"

"I'll stay at Kudo Mansion for a while just in case. If anything happened with Haibara, call me at once"

"Okay, Shinichi, I get it. How long are you gonna stay there? Have you tell Ran-kun about this?"

"Not yet. I just called her to inform that I would stay at your house until school day. So after school this Monday, I will pack some necessary things from the agency to stay at Kudo Mansion. But listen, Professor, if. Haibara is getting worse I decided I would stay here until I figure out everything"

"Okay, Shinichi, you can stay as long as you need. Beside, I'm more at ease when you stay here"

While having a conversation with Professor, suddenly we heard a painful scream. It's Haibara. I knew it, she's starting having nightmares again. We quickly run towards her room.

"Haibara! Haibara! Wake up! Hey!" She's sweating a lot and wouldn't wake up no matter how hard I shake her body. This is bad. I've never seen her like this. Usually she would quickly wake up from her nightmare.

"Haibara! It's me! Listen to me, wake up!" I bring her body to my arms. Place her head on my chest.

"Professor, call an ambulance. Now!" I shout as Professor Agasa quickly reach the phone. It's a good decision that I come here even though it's been this late. Her face is slowly losing its colour now. It's freaking me out.