Chapter 30

Heiji's POV

For some reason I couldn't understand of, Kudo asked me to stay on Agasa's house this weekend. "Agasa needs a good company" was the only explanation he gave me while we were on the phone last Wednesday. And here I am, dropping my lazy knock on the professor's front door.

"Osaka friend?" was the greeting I received right after the door flew open.

"For how many times should I recite you my name, little lady? It's Hattori Heiji, please, thank you."

"Why are you here?"

"You could at least lead me inside before blurting annoying question, but never mind, I could help myself."

As much as I don't want to be involved in their push and pull relationship, Kudo is still my best friend. I am still willing to help protect everyone dear to him, no matter how bitter a certain one would be.

"I don't think you could possibly knocking the wrong house, so, make yourself at home?"

"And I don't think you're actually able to say a nice things, so, Thank you?"

"Fair enough," she paused for a while contemplating whether or not to ask me any reason behind this sudden intrusion, before continued to speak as she flew towards the lab, "Professor's out for the moment. I'll be inside my workstation if you need me."

"You didn't ask me anything about this", I said gesturing to all of my belongings, "I suppose you already got the idea of why I am here."

"Anyone whom a good friend of Professor is very welcomed here, and I am not the one to object."

"You're not alone in this world, Haibara. Don't need to speak that way"

"What way?"

"Like you're out of this world"

"Because I actually am"

"Nobody is, just look around you, Haibara."

And she was already leaving the room right when I turned my head to face her. I let my sentence hung in the air and left out a heavy sigh. She was so lonely and yet she was so stubborn.

Silence creeped out immediately after her absence in the room. I throw my body to a comfortable long couch and let my mind wandered until the lack of sleep stirred my consciousness away to a peaceful slumber.

_________________________________________

Ai's POV

Being away from a nosy detective was sure giving me all the focus I need. It was so quiet these past days, only I couldn't bring peace inside my mind as I expected. My heart wants him so badly but my mind wouldn't allow me to make any selfish mistake. Breaking his heart was never been my plan and make him mine was never been my plan either. And yet, I couldn't stop myself from craving for his presence.

I reach towards the almost finished antidotes when the envelope caught my attention. Right, the grand plan. I lost count of how many times I've studied those scribbles, ended up memorizing it all. The idea was quite clear inside my head now and the only things left was my decision.

They offered me freedom which was crazy yet attempting. Fourty-Eight hours was all I have left to choose side. I set my attention back to the glittering powder which supposed to put an end to these crazy schemes. Maybe, just maybe, he would forgive me once this cure brought back his real life, whatever path I'd choose.

_________________________________________

Shinichi's POV

I choked on my water after eyeing Haibara's name displayed on my cellphone. It was a text, and if a single text could kill me, this would be one of them.