Chapter 19

Heiji's POV

They left home holding hands, and now they got home while also holding hands. What's going on here, exactly.

"You're gonna turn yourself into one like the Professor in the future if you keep stuffing your body with terrifying amounts of sweet."

She's talking to me. Yeah, definitely. I put down the cake on the table with my eyes are still on their hands. It's not like it was bothering me or anything, it just feels out of place. Whatever, I don't know how to put this into words anymore.

"So, friend-from-Osaka-san,"

"It's Heiji Hattori, little-lady-san, thank you for that."

"Hattori-kun then,"

"Much better."

"How long are you gonna stay on that position? It gives me pain on my neck just by looking at you right now."

I forgot to unfreeze my body since the holding hands thing awed me. I was in the couch all day long watching TV with nothing to do but eat. It feels good to skip school for no reason sometimes.

"Oh, I remember now, little-lady-chan,"

"Haibara would be just fine," Kudo interrupting, in which I ignored.

"There was a package delivered by the mail guy earlier this afternoon. I put them in front of the computer there."

And before I could finish my sentence, she's already long gone leaving me and Kudo wondering.

"What's with her?" I shrugged my shoulder as a reply for Kudo's question when suddenly he shouted "Wait! Don't tell me...", and he's gone. Seriously, what's with both of you today just because of some packages.

I was saying that, but my curiosity can't keep my butt stay out of this. And here I go joining them opening the package.

"Is this about the final stage of those antidotes?"

She just nodded in reply. Ah! So it's about the mighty cure of the whole shrunken drama. No wonder she's so hyped.

"Are you gonna finish it just like that?"

"Be patient, Kudo-kun, there's no such magic to finish them in one night. I would need a whole month to finish the formula and then there's still a series of research on the test subjects as well."

"The whole month?!"

"Oh my, you can't even wait that long?"

"It's not about me, you sadistic girl..."

"Are you really calling me that way now?"

"...are you gonna say you gonna spend the whole month being in this damn lab again and..."

"I worked this for so long and not even a single thanks..."

"... overworked yourself to death, like I would even care about the antidote if I was about to lose you after all.."

Oh here goes the love quarrel. Are these guys ever realize that I'm here?

"Guys, guys! Stop that already. Are you listening to each other just now? You both are being ridiculous. Uuughhh, I can't believe I even help you get this straight."

There! Silence at last. Thank you for your kind attention.

"Listen, aside from whatever you were fighting for, how about kindly explain to me about all of these bloody antidotes and what are the side effects. We already knew the first one nearly killed you, little lady-san."