Chapter 11

Shinichi's POV

"Ran-Neechan, what was Haibara told you back there?"

"I asked her about her family, and she told me about her parents and her sister. And that they all gone, and also that I resemble her sister a lot that makes her remember about her sister again. I feel very sorry towards her."

She already a high school girl and yet still being a crybaby. This thought makes me smile. That time when we're at the tropical land she's also crying.

"I'm going home now, Conan-kun. I hope Ai-chan get better soon. And as for you, you need to watch for your health too alright?"

"I will, Ran-Neechan"

So she said goodbye to Agasa and walk home with Sonoko. I'm sorry Ran, I need to stay here longer. I will go back to you as soon as I finish everything. Come to think of it, Haibara happened to often see her late sister in Ran. So that's why she's avoiding Ran at many times. Haibara rarely did it lately, but still, deep down in her heart she misses her sister a lot. I suppose it hurts her so much huh.

"You finished your porridge?"

She didn't answer me but giving me an empty bowl instead. How adorable.

"Is that why you're not being sweet to Ran at the first time?"

She gave me questioning glare. Still not answering my question, though.

"You told her about your sister."

"I was just blabbering" there she goes again, hiding her emotions behind those cold words.

"You didn't tell me about that. Now I realize they do look alike somehow. They both were a caring type, right?"

She didn't answer again. I'll take that as a yes. I left the room to bring her bowl out. Like Agasa said earlier, I shouldn't be too hard on her. She's working on the antidote after all. If she ever lose track of time again, all I have to do is to get her out of that damn laboratory.

"Shinichi.."

"Hm? What is it, Professor?"

"Umm.. I'm sorry that you had a fight countless times with Ai-kun these days, but you know deep down in her heart she knew that you being here is making her at ease."

"I knew that, Professor. Now that everything is getting to its place, I won't leave her to be in another mess. You can rest assured as long as I'm here"

"That's a very good thing to hear, Shinichi. And actually, there's one more thing. Do you think Ran-kun heard you earlier when you two were fighting? She was outside for a while i guess"

"Oh,that. She's behaving like usual, so I think she didn't get anything from earlier. Besides, I did a precaution by cleaning all suspicious stuff from my room in the agency."

"Suspicious stuff?"

"Yeah, anything that could trigger her to think that I'm Kudo Shinichi. All things that left there is just a bunch of school stuff"

"Speaking of school, Shinichi. What are you gonna do with school? I'm afraid I won't be able to hold Kobayashi-sensei any longer. And the kids, for God's sake."

"Alright, let's bring her to school tomorrow. We will still go with the excuses we had for this."

______________________________________

Ai's POV

I lose track of the days. It's reasonable if you were somekind of prisoner under your own home.