Chapter 18

Agasa's POV

Can anyone not see this connection between them? They adored each other from a long time ago I might say. I, myself, haven't been aware of this at first. Only today I find out deep inside Shinichi's heart, there's a big space filled with Ai-kun.

Relying on Shinichi's point of view would be a mistake when it comes to love. He's got zero idea of any romance related things. Even Ayumi is far more resourceful than him.

Put that aside, he's acting somehow gentler towards Ai-kun tonight. Not once in my life seeing Shinichi willingly brought home a stuffed animal for a girl. He would think of such thing as stupid and unnecessary.

The biggest problem here is what to do about Ran-kun. I don't want to take side, but as anyone can see, the bond between Shinichi and Ai-kun is more than a mere partnership. I started to feel bad now. I don't know how to put myself in this.

The night is still young but Ai-kun and Shinichi had already fallen into a deep sleep. I made myself a cup of warm chocolate and took a seat in front of TV when I hear a knock in the front door.

"Oh, it's you Subaru-san. Come inside, would you like a cup of hot chocolate?"

"Would love to. Conan-kun?"

"Ah, he's sleeping upstair. Do you need him immediately?"

"Yeah, I texted him a while ago and still haven't got any reply. So here I am. Is the princess asleep as well?" He's lowering his voice when it comes to Ai-kun.

"Yes, she's not feeling well today. It's because of the antidote, and Shinichi was so furious about that." I said in a whisper.

I was about to go get Shinichi when I see him out of the bedroom. I wave to him and giving him a hint not to make any sound for I'm afraid it would wake Ai-kun up. His sleepy eyes are awaken once he noticed Subaru-san's presence. He run down the stairs as quite as he could.

"News?"

Subaru-san gave him a nod. We're heading to the pantry to have a quick grasp of the situation.

"I've called Heiji, he's catching the first train in the morning. And Kaito will be here at midnight."

"What's the fuss, Akai-san?"

"Kir called me. Vermouth is on the move. She informed Gin two days ago, confirming Sherry is still alive. She left in instance said she'd be taking care of it."

"Two days ago? If she thinks Haibara was still alive, this house would be the first on her list. Could it be that she planned to impostering someone in school?"

"According to Kir, the higher up of the organization trusting this matter to Vermouth. And she also confirmed that Vermouth's working alone in this."

"What about school, Shinichi?"

"She should go as usual starting tomorrow. If Vermouth was really going to start her move from the school, then we should lure her out. Let's play it her way and we could find out her grand plan."

"Do you want some extra protection from The FBIs?"

"Let's keep it down from now. The we being able to get Kir in touch is a great step. We need to see things through, and act carefully for this could be a critical time. Tomorrow after school, let's talk with everyone."

I got goosebumps everytime I remember Vermouth. She's a highly skilled impostor. But thank God we had one alike on our side, Kaito Kid. Last time he played a big part to save Ai-kun by showing up as Sherry. Even Vermouth and Bourbon didn't recognize him that time.