Sorry I Gave Up, Brother

A/N: THIS IS AN AU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sick. He was sick. His eyes hung low as he slouched, his steps slow and steady as he wobbled his way through the path. Tired, though he couldn't stop now, his plan wasn't to be foiled by his fatigue. He had to find them. Them? His family. The Piglin was only young when his home got invaded by petty humans, despising them ever since. All changed when he met a human named Phil. The fond memory replayed in his head, repeating over and over again, constantly replaying as if it were a movie being rewound constantly. He wished it'd stop - he wished he'd never met him. Now, he's lost, he knew his family was dead, but one was surely alive, a gut feeling voided his stomach, pulling him towards his brother.

Oh, how he wished time was quicker, hours later and it felt like days, the ivory flavoured fluff that coated the ground iced his boots, the extra fur on his coat coating him like a blanket, managing to keep him warm. He never got used to the snow. He hadn't wished to. Sighing, he trudged on, his feet cold as snow fell into his boots, clasping at the tips of his feet. Wincing visibly, he pried through it. His pride was what got him through.

A dark blue emitted the sky, causing the Piglin to share a glance at it, his eyes going more dead as he sighed heavily. Great. He brought out his sword, tightening his grip on the diamond thing as he carried on with his journey, following the highly confusing map - he didn't get a proper education. He sighed, watching little figures in the distance that looked like the shadows of mobs hunting for people like him. He didn't look like the usual Piglin, his kind was rare: human with Piglin like styles. His ears perked at the slightest of sound, and suddenly a hissing sound propped behind him. He jumped back. He shut his mouth closed before he could scream. He didn't want to attract more agitated mobs, the last thing he wanted was to be killed.

His steps grew quicker with each crunch of his boots as they hit the bleached ground The voices. They came back. Why had they bugged him? He tried to tune them out, but their croaky voices always slithered back, growing louder with each passing moment that he had spare to think on his own. Hiss. A hiss. Again? He covered his ears, not daring to stop moving, though it wasn't the voices. He cussed. Whipping around, he quickly sliced at the beast - what? A human? No... something had fallen backwards, looking at him in shock before crawling to its feet. They stared. Ruby eyes meeting jet ones. He had never seen eyes like that. They were beady and pitched black, stoic almost. The calmer man smiled warmly and went on with his journey. The Piglin never took his eyes off of him. He was paranoid. Paranoia. It always got the best of him. He sighed, shaking the tingling mess that crept its way from his toes to his head, he hadn't noticed it before. He let out a breathy sigh, the cold air finally getting to him, yet he still moved forward, trying his best to ignore it.

The breeze was brisk. Crying for him to move into different actions, yet he never listened, he was certain he was going the right way. White, puffballs followed his moved in the sky, soaring slowly as they watched him take every small step. The voices screamed at him. Telling him it was a mistake. They're not alive. He'll never find them. Though the determined boy never listened, listening to their pleads and ignoring them, whisking them to the back of his own mind - hard, he had managed for a couple of hours, however.

He sniffed. Feeling the air move up his lungs. The scent of earthy white balls crushing under his fee. The scent of clean terpenes as flakes hit the leaves that clung themselves to small branches. It was fresh. He felt fresh. Suddenly, a smell of lavender. Flourished green hit his nose, and he finally looked before him - pieces of sparse, tall, withered strings of emerald coloured grass littered the floor before him. Scattered. He let his guard down for a little, sitting between the strings as they spike his back, though he didn't mind it, he felt free for once. Free. He hadn't felt free in years. His mind started to clog with cracked memories. He watched as the memories came flooding in, engulfing his vision.