Things Never Change

Stood atop of the beanstalk, hidden in a building, two emperors hid. They hid from the destruction, awaiting its end. Crystal blue eyes stared into sparkling azure ones. Both glistened with despair and fear, and one knew they couldn't stop it - false hope adorned each ruler that dare try to save the world.

"It's kinda cosy up here..." Pearl said solemnly, and Sausage nodded beside her. He muttered a small "Yeah" and watched as Blood Sheep coated the lands of Mythland. Pearl knew her land was gone, clouded with fire that smoked it to smithereens, she felt helpless, hopeless, even.

Pain. Sausage swirled around quickly, staring at Pearl. Her eyes were wide as she looked at herself - she was burning.

"Why are you burning?" He asked. The two of them were surprised and Pearl just shrugged and heaved a joyful sigh when it stopped.

She started to wither away.

Pearl's skin started fading, replaced by black lines. "Sausage-" "Pearl-!" He struggled, trying to think of what to do, looking around the empty room as his thoughts spiralled.

"I think-" She coughed. "I think I'm connected to my Kingdom-" She managed, and he watches her life drain, and he ran to her, holding her, screaming her name, screaming for her to stay with him, and she tried, he knew she tried.

"Your magic-" "I'll try!" He grabbed his staff, pointing it towards her as he tries to think of something, but her last words came quicker than he thought...

"Take care of my animals..." She looked in his eyes, a small smile on her lips though Sausage knew she was scared. Sausage knew she was frightened. "Sausage!"

As he holds Pearl's body in his arms, screaming for her louder than he had thought, her body dissipated, and he had to accept it. She was dust, nothing but dust.

"...It's... My fault..." He shook his head and grabbed his rockets as he flew to Mythland, not even a second later as he stood above the summoning circle did the blood sheep surround him, whispers louder than Xornoth ever was.

"I started this. I'm going to end this!" He yelled. He threw the last gem crystal into the circle and silently shot two blood sheep.

Coated in blood, the blood of his friend, the blood of cannibalistic sheep, he looked down, breathing his last breath. He shot.

It hurt. Dying. Dying hurt, he had felt it before, he remembered. Gem shot him with his staff and for good reason, except there was no TNT to turn his body to ash. Pearl stood in front of him, the spirit realm reuniting them once more. As they held each other, the memories of past lives, past universes, fueled their heads.

For Sausage, he only remembered three others, but he cherished them - Artisan, Sourceblock and Legacy.

For Pearl, she remembered Evolution, Artisan, Legacy, Hermitcraft and Last Life.

Fate held them at gunpoint, the two forced to be together forever, if not by bodies, then souls. As the next portal opened up, Pearl untangled herself from him, and they walked side-by-side towards it.

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

Things never change...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 516

Yo! First Oneshot/fic of 2022 and it has to be based on Sausage's Empires SMP finale episode, eh? 

I'll probably do the others too dw I'm not just a sausage stan 

Empires made me cry </3

Anyways, kinda shit, hope you enjoyed :D