**✿❀ Chapter Four ❀✿**

Once the two made it upstairs into Kusuo's bedroom, (Y/n) immediately started looking around.

"Man, this place looks exactly like it did last time! Geez, hobbyless much?" (Y/n) said teasingly as she flopped her body onto his bed, letting out a sigh.

"It sure is good to be back..."

Kusuo looked at her, then smiled sincerely.

"It sure is."

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

Kusuo didn't exactly enjoy preschool. Sure, he already knew all the answers to the questions, always earning praise from the teachers sure, but there was no excitement for him that a kid at that age should have.

That was until a new girl was brought to the class. At first, Kusuo didn't pay mind to the fact he couldn't hear her thoughts. He thought it could have been the age they were at, or maybe she was a moron. But as the days went on, she would prove his thoughts wrong.

Although she never spoke, for her age, her artistic skills were amazing. But one thing that amazed Kusuo, was that whenever they had free time, he would watch the girl draw a keyboard on a long piece of paper, and tap her fingers against it rapidly. At first, Kusuo thought she was just playing, but he had a feeling to use his psychic powers to see if she actually knew what she was doing. And in fact, she did. He already knew what each key naturally sounded like, so he just watched her fingers and paid attention to which keys she was pressing, making a melody in his head. Kusuo watched with curiosity and excitement, wanting to interact with the girl, but class ended before he could.

The next day, Kusuo was enjoying some Pocky, when he spotted the girl walking towards him. He turned to her, swallowing the pocky that was in his mouth. His purple eyes met up with her (e/c) ones.

"Play a game for some Pocky?" She asked sweetly, her voice coming out calm and gentle. And yet, somewhat menacing with a hint of challenge. In the preschool, a 'game' usually meant rock paper scissors, which Kusuo excelled in, for obvious reasons. He smiled on the inside, knowing the outcome. The fact that this girl had the audacity to challenge him for his sweets angered him.

'I'll just read her moves, simple as that.' Kusuo thought as the both raised their hands, readying themselves to start the match.

...

...

...

But Kusuo got nothing, once more.

He played a rock, and she played a paper. Kusuo's eyes widened slightly, agreeing to best 2 out of 3.

But when her hand was placed atop of his fist.

He got nothing.

He heard nothing.

No thoughts.

Nothing.

His eyes widened once more, looking up from his hand to meet her eyes with shock. She just smiled sweetly.

"So, wanna get to know each other?" The girl asked, her head tilting to the side, her (h/c) hair bouncing a bit. Kusuo blushed a bit, and nodded. She smiled once more, before grabbing a Pocky and placing it in her mouth.