38. connect

Got a final tomorrow but heyyy 🤩 Next update on Thursday as per usual

Got a final tomorrow but heyyy 🤩 Next update on Thursday as per usual. Lots of angst today, bare with me a little longer :)))

.
.
.

"Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung hesitates. His voice gets caught in his throat and he immediately regretted calling him. He'll just tell me I'm being dramatic. Or worse, he'll feel obligated to make me feel better. I don't want any one's sympathy.

"Woo? Are you there?" His voice calls out again and this time Wooyoung immediately speaks.

"Y-yeah" His voice cracks. It's obvious he sounded like he'd been crying. But San doesn't question it.

"Why'd you call?" San asks after a short silence. A silence so thick it rung in his ears even after he spoke.

"I just- Can you come get me?" He says in a quiet whisper, San could hardly hear him.

"Are you hurt?"

Wooyoung wasn't sure how to answer that. "Yes" His grip around the phone tightens.

"Alright. Send me the address I'll take the next bus there" He responds. Wooyoung could hear that he was already moving around his room, getting ready to leave.

"Ok. Please hurry" He felt his eyes sting with tears again.

"Yeah" With that the call ends.

Wooyoung hastily send the address then pulls his thighs up to his chest and rests his forehead on his knees, the dense air made it hard to breathe but he waited.

San steps out of the bus with a shaky breath, hand dug deep on the pockets of his black hoodie

San steps out of the bus with a shaky breath, hand dug deep on the pockets of his black hoodie. Then he begins making his way down the street towards the blaringly loud music.

He had Google maps open but clearly there wasn't a need for that so he goes to dial Wooyoung's phone number. He picks up on the first ring.

"I'm here" San says first.

"Ok I'm coming out now" The line goes dead and Wooyoung immediately pushes himself off the floor then practically flew down the stairs to the exit.

He pushes his way past the sweaty bodies to the front door. His eyes lands on San who was standing on the street with hands stuffed in his pockets and his hood up. San stares back then the corners of his lips lifts up in a reassuring smile.