21. misery • M

I don't even have any excuse 💀 here's the chapter 😭

.
.
.

4 years ago

Wooyoung silently turns the lock combination on his locker. His dark straight cut bangs falling into his vision a little. Slightly chapped lips in a relaxed line. He drops his backpack on the floor just as he pulls his locker door open.

Just then a taller frame sneaks up behind him. They wrap their arms around his torso, giving him a back hug. The 14 year old boy squeaks out of surprise then relaxed when he ears the dark laugh of his long time crush in his ear. He shivers at their close proximity.

"Morning babe. Did I scare you?" Matthew mutters in his ear, his lips still lingering on Wooyoung's ear lobe. Long time crush.. and now boyfriend...

"H-hi" Wooyoung felt a heat rise on his cheeks. "No. I was just c-caught off guard" He replies meekly.

Matthew  presses a firm kiss in the shorter's cheek then pulls away but still had his arm around Wooyoung's neck keeping him close. The gesture slightly messing up Wooyoung's school's uniform top.

"I'm having a get together with friends tonight, wanna come? It'll be fun" Matthew asks in a voice so deep that Wooyoung shivered at the sound.

As he puts his last textbook into his backpack he looks at Matthew with wide eyes. "Y-yeah. I'd love to come" He squeaks out in a small voice.

Matthew opens his mouth to say something but was soon distracted by a group of his basketball friends making their way down that hallway. They holler at him and he hollers back like your stereotypical jock. Wooyoung winces at their loud boyish greeting.

"Hey man, wanna go get some breakfast at the canteen before class starts?" One of them asks as they initiate one of those guy handshakes.

Matthew shakes his head and looks back at Wooyoung who shyly looks away, pretending to be busy with something in his locker. "Nah man. Gonna hang out with Woo for a while" Wooyoung's eyes widens slightly. He turned down his friends to hang out with plain 'ol me? He felt a smile creep up on his lips but he had to fight it back as he stared inside his locker.

"Alright. Bros before hoes but to hell with that right?" The group begins laughing teasingly. Matthew laughs, smacking one of them on the back of his head playfully.

"Man shut up. I'll catch up with you guys later" He waves them off as he leans on the locker beside Wooyoung.

They reply with a series of "see ya" as they continued their way down the hall. Matthew looks back at Wooyoung, head now leaning on the grey locker next to Wooyoung's open one.

"You turned down your friends?" Wooyoung speaks out, his voice so quiet Matthew barely caught what he said.

"Yeah... but that's because I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend" He replies with a half smile, his hand making it's way up to the side of Wooyoung's face. His thumb grazing the shorter's slightly chubby pink cheeks.