41. rhythm

Bzz

Bzz.

Bzz.

Hongjoong groans out in annoyance after the 5th buzz of his phone indicating a text. He digs the device from under his pillow, already having an idea who it was but he wasn't interested in whatever he had to say. He wasn't interested in him anymore.

Though he let curiosity get the best of him and he decides to take a look at a few of the several texts Seonghwa had been sent.

---

Asshole

Asshole:
Hongjoong
Can you please talk to me?
I fucked up, I know I did but I did not kiss him
He came on to me. Wooyoung's just a friend you know that
Please pick up your phone
Joong please I'm so fucking sorry
I just want to explain everything

---

It'd only been a few days since it happened. Since Hongjoong started avoiding him but it felt much longer. There wasn't a day Seonghwa didn't text. He tried calling and texting but Hongjoong ignored it every single time.

Just the day before the older male had actually showed up to his house but he was thankful for his mom who always had his back. She had told the boy that Hongjoong wasn't home even though he was right up in his room.

As Hongjoong scrolled through the unread missed texts he felt his eyes blur up with tears and his chest tighten. He felt like history was repeating itself somehow. He swore the universe was laughing at his misfortune. Serves me right.. I've always had shit luck when it came to boys.

He reaches the end of the long series of texts then he bit his lip as he thought hard about responding. No, you can't. You have to move on. He's no good for you.

But.. I miss him so much.

I miss his stupid jokes. And his stupid hugs... And his smile... and his kisses. I wanted things to work out between us so bad. Fuck, I wanted him to be the one.

I don't know. He digs his face into his pillow and releases a frustrated groan. What should I do? I mean yeah he's probably right about Wooyoung kissing him first why'd hesitate before pulling back? I was there I saw it all go down. Don't even get me started on the screenshots Wooyoung sent.

There was just too much holes in the story and nothing was adding up. It was starting to make his head hurt the longer he thought about it.

So he stopped thinking and quickly turns on his back, opens up his phone and types up a text before his mind could catch up with what he was doing. Immediately after he hit send he nearly threw himself out of his window.

His eyes widens as he stares at the text he sent. "Shit. No. Fuck" he spews a string of curse words and tosses his phone to the side. The toss must've been harder than he thought because the device goes sliding down his bed and lands on the carpeted floor with a thud.