6. sexual tension

"He's that annoying huh?" Hongjoong says with a light laugh, his voice ringing in San's ears through his earphones

"Yeah. Like I don't really know how to explain it but he kinda gets on my nerves. Can't believe I've gotta live with him the entire summer"

"I'm sure he's not that bad.. what was his name again? Wooyoung?"

"Yeah" San turns on his side, the early morning sunlight streaming into his room from his slightly open window.

"Just talk to him? I'll come over later tonight since I'm finally free" He puts emphasis on 'finally' "We can hangout or go watch a movie and I'll get to see just how horrible he is" He finishes mockingly and San rolls his eyes and sits up on his bed.

"You really don't believe me, do you? I mean during dinner last night he-" He stops mid sentence and looks at his door as if contemplating what he's about to say.

"He what?" Hongjoong speaks up when San never finishes his sentence.

"Nevermind" San shuts it down. The last thing he needed to do was tell anyone about how his step brother sexually harassed him.. or about how part of him kind of liked it.

No, knowing Hongjoong's personality he would just try and interfere or tell my dad about out.

The smell of pancakes wafts into his room and his stomach grumbles a little. "Smells like someone's making pancakes and I'm hungry as fuck, talk later" San says hastily as he sits up on his bed.

"See ya tonight, hoe"

San laughs. "See ya, hoe" The call ends. They had such a close relationship that whatever age gap between them was practically insignificant. There was never any formal tone. Just two childhood bestfriends.

He walks into the kitchen with a yawn and was met with his dad and step mom giggling at each other while making breakfast. Hyesun was busy pouring the batter into the pan and his dad stood right behind her, hands on her hips and chin resting on her shoulder.

But no sign of Wooyoung.

San clears his throat in order to make his presence known. They both snap their attention to him and he bows in greeeting. "Morning"

"Good morning, you sleep well?" Hyesun was quick to respond, a gentle smile on her lips. San smiles back and nods.

"Yeah. And you?"

"I did, thank you. How many pancakes do you want?" She was well aware of his mom's passing and she knew it wouldn't be easy to welcome another mother figure in his life which is why she vowed to make an effort to get closer to him.

"Uhm, three please" He replies while playing with a loose peice of thread hanging off the dining table.

Just then Wooyoung comes shuffling in with a loud carefree yawn. Dark wavy hair a disheveled mess, oversized shirt hanging loosely off one shoulder, further exposing his bruise covered neck. San's eyes stalks down to his exposed thighs since the younger was wearing the tiniest shorts.