43. date

The day felt like a haze

The day felt like a haze. The step siblings enjoying each other's presence more than they had anticipated.

They laughed and talked and ate and talked some more. Their hands interlocked for almost most of the trip. San would occasionally pull back his hand to grab his food from the vendor or jog to a trash can and throw something out.

And each time, Wooyoung felt a cold chill swallow him while at the loss of warmth from San's soft palm. That feeling would quickly disappear though when the older would return by his side and unconsciously takes his hand once again.

It felt like a date. And they both knew it. But.. they didn't mind. Wooyoung didn't mind feeding him bites of his food as they walked. And San didn't mind happily accepting the food. His enthusiasm causing Wooyoung to smile as well.

To say that was the most fun they'd had in ever would be an understatement. Wooyoung spots that they were approaching a public bathroom so he quickly finishes the last of his beef kabob then turns to San, face still stuffed with the meat. "I rearry need to ush to bafroom" He mumbles through a mouth full of food.

San couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked then he nods, gently and reluctantly releasing his hold on Wooyoung's hand. "Ok yeah. Hurry" He ushers.

Wooyoung playfully nudges his side then hurries off, leaving Sam standing a few feet away from the small building specifically meant for the washrooms. He releases a long sigh, running his hand through his hair and staring off into the crowd of people that walked absentmindedly past him.

In that few moments of being alone with his thoughts he began thinking about what he really was going to do with whatever is going between himself and Wooyoung.

No matter what angle he tried looking at it he just didn't see it ending well. Wooyoung's mom was fortunately at work so they were able to sneak off to that street market but how long would they keep having to sneak off just to meet?

It was safe to say he's in love in Wooyoung. He was sure of it. The way his heart would squeeze whenever Wooyoung smiled at him. His stomach flutter whenever their skins touched. His knees would buckle at just the simple thought of kissing him.

He didn't want things to end between them especially seeing as it had just barely started, but he was starting to think-

Bzz. Buzz. His phone vibrates in his jeans pocket, indicating a new text and interrupting his train of thought. His brow furrows as he takes out the device. Upon seeing the contact and the text he wasn't exactly sure how to react.

---

Unknown

Unknown:
I know your secret

---

San blinks at the random text. The vague sentence just stared back. Mocking him. Without thinking much of it and also dismissing it as some scammer trying to get him to give out his bank information for some reason or another, he types up a reply.