Chapter 3

Marinette looks down ashamed. Then she realizes that they are trying to change, but aren't quite there yet. Marinette stands up proud, "Yes they are. My parents aren't as bad as some people say."

"I am just shocked. D-did you used to...."

"Kill people?"

"Yeah....."

"No. I've only killed a few people, but only about as much as Br-atman before I was born." Marinette almost said Bruce's name, but made it sound like she was trying to say Batman.

"Wait!" This sudden shout made Marinette flinch. "Do you know who Batman is?"

"N-no. Why would you think that?" Marinette has always been a terrible lier. She needs to get better at it since she is going to Gotham. Chloe then begins to squeal. "What is so squeal-worthy?"

"Nothing. It's just that MY best friend knows who Batman is! Seriously! What's next? You have a secret boyfriend in Gotham too?"

Marinette shifts side to side. She pulls on her shirt, "Woah, it is getting really hot in here." Chloe squeals again, tackling Mari into a hug.

"What is his name? Come on you have to tell me. WHAT IS HIS NAME? You don't have to tell me anything else."

"Damian," Mari answers barely below a whisper. Chloe still heard and jumped up into the air happily. Chloe just stops all of a sudden, looks at the floor, and starts giggling a bit. "What is it?" Marinette questions.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that it would just be too funny if it was Damian Wayne because Lila said she was dating him today," Chloe said and released another giggle. Marinette looked at her funny and roared into laughter. Uncontrollable. Laughter. She couldn't stop, just kept on laughing for a solid four minutes. Chloe then started to get worried and smacked Marinette on the back. Hard.

"Sorry, I inherited that trait...... yes it is Damian Wayne." Then Chloe burst out into a fit of giggles. Luckily, she only laughed for about fifteen seconds. "That is such a crazy coincidence, but you still have to tell me who Batman is."

"Sorry Chlo. I don't wanna break Batsy's trust."

"Come on!"

"No. He would kill me."

"Awwww. Okay."

Marinette started to get uncomfortable, and Chloe noticed. Chloe gave Marinette the look that said, 'What's wrong?' "Chloe..........can I stay with you until we go to Gotham. It can be a VERY long sleep over. I just don't want to go back to Tom and Sabine."

"Of course you can." Marinette seemed to brighten up by that statement. Marinette hugged Chloe as a thank you and transformed into Ladybug. "Wait where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go pack my suitcase for Gotham, and get a change of clothes from my room," she responded. Then Marinette, now Ladybug, leaped out of the window of Bourgeois's hotel.

In Marinette's Room

Marinette landed on her balcony, and slowly crept into her room. She quickly packed her bags, and got some clothes to stay at Chloe's with. Just as she was about to leave, she dropped her Bug-phone. Ladybug winced at the sudden noise. Next thing she knew, Tom burst though the door. "MARINETTE," he screamed. She got under her bed before Tom saw her and whispered the short detransformation phrase. "Yes?" "Where were you?!?! Why did you not come straight home?!?!" Marinette pretended like she was looking for something from under her bed. "I-i don't know what you were talking about," she answered.

Tom slapped her across the face. "Don't you DARE lie to me! I don't even know why we adopted you in the first place. You are just a small, weak, villain's child!" He exclaimed. Tom threw the girl on the floor, and jumped on her, trying to crush her like a bug. He then turned her around and kicked her in the gut. Next he punched her face, and to finish it all off, he jumped on her again.

Sabine came in after Tom and said, "How about we act like your parents? Don't worry, we won't kill you. We'll just make sure your barley alive." She then wacked Marinette with a crowbar as hard as she could, and handed it off to Tom. Marinette was all out of tears and strength, so she just let it happen. When they finally left, Marinette was on the floor barley conscious.

She lie there staring off into space, just hoping someone would find her. "Tikki," Marinette managed to whisper, "get Chloe and lead her to me. My suitcase is over there-" Then Marinette passed out.

Tikki flew as fast as she could and fazed out of the window and to the hotel. "Chloe! It's Marinette. Tom and Sabine really messed up now. She passed out. You need to transform and get her. She said her suitcase is already packed. Get Trixx to make it look like you are just swinging on the roofs and not dragging Marinette."

"Ok. I'm on it."

Wow. That is all I have to say. I didn't expect to write this. I was just going to make her go and come back, but nooooooooo. My stupid head convinced me to make Marinette on the verge of death.

*facepalm* I just spilt my water all over me.